Hows the virtual boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hows the virtual boy?

I've never played one, I'm tempted to get a cheap(er) one on ebay just to see what the experience is like.

I hear they run off AA batteries, is there a mains adaptor that exists?

I need something new to waste money on

They're awful.

Most people can't play them without getting eyestrain.

Comment

:<

Comment

They're OK for quick blasts and some of the games are fairly decent.

More of a curio/talking piece than a games machine.

Comment

I personally think its excellent, Red Alarm and Warioland are both worth experiencing.

Comment

I agree with Mad Gear. The only reason I've still got mine is that it looks cool on a shelf, kinda like a miniature ED-209.

Shockingly they take 8 AA batteries, which don't last long. There is an AC adaptor but I'm pretty sure it's NTSC only so it will need a stepdwon.

Comment

I had one for a while, there's nothing really noteworthy available for it, just pure novelty stuff...and yeah the headaches were bad

Comment

I once played on one for five minutes and it gave me a headache for the next four hours.

Comment

It's great. the depth effect is more than just a novelty and really add's something to the games which use it well, the main problem being the hardware isn't portable and is rather clumbersum to use, and you don't get that many great games for it.

Telro Boxer and Wario are worth checking out.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, its hard to believe the child safety conscious nintendo releasing something that would give you a migraine. heh

I might get one if I see one cheap ..

Comment

Ones that have broken stands tend to go for only about ?30 iirc

Comment

don't forget Galactic Pinball made by Intelligent Systems (the makers of Super Metroid!).

The only virtal boy game i play again and again (in bed before I sleep), best pinball game ever!8)

this game has the best sound of all the Virtual Boy games I've played and it even has a Super Metroid mini shooting game!

most popular VB game is: Virtual Wario Land http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=virtual+wario

Comment

Its great as a curio. I have one with 7 games. I'd be willing to sell it - its all in great condition but most unboxed. Ive had mine for a year and it cost me around ?80 in all.

Like me, keep it for a year then sell it. Doubtful you'll make a loss on it, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X