Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Gamer #27

Fresh from the RG Forums:

It's time for another spanking new issue of Retro Gamer. Hooray!!!

This month's issue contains the following...

The Making of Boulder Dash
    Peter Leipa explains how a simple prospector with a lust for diamonds went on to become one of videogames' most beloved heroes.

Developer Lookback - LucasArts
    In the first of a two-part series Kim Wild looks back at the chequered history of LucasArts

Retroinspection: Sega Mega Drive
    The 16-bit Mega Drive was arguably Sega's finest hour and ignited the infamous console wars. Retro Gamer charts its impressive rise and eventual demise.

The Making of the Zelda CDI games
    Thought the CDI Zelda titles were better used as coasters than actual games? John Szczepaniak thinks otherwise and would like to try and change your mind.

The Definitive OutRun
    Stuart Campbell straps himself into a Ferrari Testarossa and takes you on a beautiful journey through the history of Sega's classic racer.

Why You Must Play - ActRaiser
    Part God sim part scrolling slash'-em-up, ActRaiser had it all. so why didn't it achieve the status it so obviously deserved? Retro Gamer inverstigates.

Full of Eastern Promise - Gomola Speed
    Don't be fooled by its simplistic looks, Gomoal Speed is a wonderfully quirky title that could have only been made in Japan.

The Complete Lowdown - Magic Knight
    In a brand new interview David Joines reveals the history behind one of Mastertronic's most successful series, the Magic Knight franchise.

Conversion Capers - Hard Drivin'
    Converting Hard Drivin' was always going to be a tall order. Mike Day reveals why the home computers just weren't up to the task.

And much, much, much more

"Genesis"?
    GENESIS??
    Problems there...
    I didn't read RG last month, what with all the crap that was going on, and I'm kind of a bit hmmm about it coz it's a fiver. Not that I'm moaning about all your hard work, just wondering whether you shouldn't try to get a few more pages of ads in and bring the price down a bit, even though I know it's a fairly limited circulation.
    I'll pick it up anyway.
    What was in last month's? What did I miss? The last one I have is with the Amstrad in it.

Comment

take out a sub, it's ?2.50 an issue. Problem solved. As for last month's issue that had sonic on the cover

Comment

gnaaaah... need to find a fiver to grab last months issue quickly, I want the Sonic cover ;p

Comment

Strider, if I subscribe via the online form do I get a chance to state which issue my subscription starts from?

I'm on the online form now and I can't see anything like this?

Comment

It's just via phone at the moment I'm afraid or via the mag. As far as I know, this is being looked into though...

Comment

Ta.

Comment

"Genesis"?

Sub it is then, ta.

Comment

Is it possible to just order A issue that you want instead of subscribing? When I start seeing the SNES coverage, thats all I'm going to want.

Comment

Erm... We had a SNES one a few issues back. It was even featured on the cover. Not sure of what issue number it was, offhand.

Comment

this issue is looking cool, what day is it out? i haven't seen it in my local smith's or gamestation yet.

You guys should try and get a feature on scrolling fighters done, that would be cool, the streets of rages, the final fights, sengoku, and all those arcade fighters, aliens vs preditor, that simpsons one (can't remember the name, and that teenage mutant ninja turtles one (also can't remember the name)

Comment

Certainly getting more diverse with every issue, really is something for everyone I reckon!

The MegaDrive emulation page is a bit broken mind, claims to be covering the old, redundant Genecyst emulator when it's actually talking about Gens :P

Comment

I still havent got my Issue through the post yet!, Has everybody got theirs???

Comment

Received mine a while back

Comment

Originally posted by lettuce
                              I still havent got my Issue through the post yet!, Has everybody got theirs???
                              Best to give the subs department a phone mate on 0870 428 8359 they can tell you what's going on

Comment

Working...
                              X