Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega ST-V games & System

Hi,

Has anyone experienced this system or these games. I have managed to get a Radiant Silvergun Cart (a big grey ST-V cart) but am unsure if it is worth getting the hardware to play it (I have the Saturn Version) as it may be expernsive and I don't know if it differs from the Saturn verion - anyone any ideas?

Are there any other games worth getting - anything special outside of console / PC relms? Can anyone tell me if I should invest or just sell the cart and stick with good old Satty Saturn? Pm me if interested btw just in case!

Thanks in advance

nec

System16 - The Arcade Museum. Detailed Hardware information on Arcade Hardware and Systems.

There's no games that are that wild not available on Saturn. RS STV is sans the animated parts and home game style option screen, as with all the games....weather avilable via dip I have no idea.

The STV version en large can be slightly better from more solid hardware, tho from the ones ive played its negligable.

Comment

Taisen Tanto-R 'Sasissu!' is a fantastic game that was never ported to the Saturn. It`s still quite popular here in Japanese arcades.

Comment

Thanks for the link Baseley09 most appreciate the info. Does anyone know what hardware is required to run or use the ST-V boards? Are these compatable with Jamma set-ups?
        I guess I would like to play these games but need to know what I need? Woudl a Supergun do the job?

Has anyone any experience of the ST-V systems? I might just sell the cart anyhow if it becomes too expemsive to build this up as I have no Jamma stuff at all? (I know this is the wrong thread for thsi question) but is the Radiant Silvergun Cart hard to find?

Sorry for all the questions chaps but where else in the world can I ask a colelction of experts!

Comment

The cart is worth around ?100. Very sought after as most shmups are. The mobos are dirt cheap.
          ST-V is JAMMA, very easy to use with any Supergun. Saturn conversions are 99% arcade perfect though as ST-V is Saturn based, so that renders an ST-V setup outside of a cab pretty pointless.

Comment

If you want to play RSG by the way, you'll need a JP mobo. Language is determined by the mobo region and RSG was cut to 2 buttons for the dumber American market.

Comment

There is no way the RSG STV cart is worth ?100, They go for virtually nothing in Japan and I struggled to sell mine for ?60.

Comment

That's the going rate here, similar on Yahoo Japan.

Comment

RSG STV cartridge with all the extras goes for about 6000 yen these days which is about 30 pounds.

Yakumo

Comment

It is worth picking up a mobo if you already have a supergun, or if you want to put it in a cab. I would have thought that for what you would spend to get the whole thing running from scratch, would be cheaper to buy a Jp Saturn and a copy of Radiant.

Decathlete is a superb STV game. I believe Soukyugurentai is STV as well - corker, that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                      RSG STV cartridge with all the extras goes for about 6000 yen these days which is about 30 pounds.

Yakumo
                      Lmk when you can get me one of these please 8)

Souky is lovely on the STV, Final Fight revenge is still very terrible if it makes you feel better

I think its a quality system shame it didn't get much for it but what it does have is class. The Saturn is only slightly below par on some games & the extras on most saturn games make them prefferable?

Comment

To be honest I'd rather just mod a Saturn then put that in a cab if you aren't too fussy about loading. For the price of a good STV set up and a few games you could have twice that on the Saturn. Still, there are a few games on the STV that never made it to the Saturn plus they are cheaper at times. RSG being a very good example.

Yakumo

Comment

Don;t get the anime intro etc on STV RSG though
                          Not that it would matter to a hardcore shump person.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo

Yakumo
                            I'll take 10

Comment

Well chaps thanks for the info - I know what you mean re price per set-up and the availability of the Saturn version - which I own - makes the proposition of starting from scratch a lot harder to achieve. I have put the cart in the sales thread as I realised it better not too invest too heavily in ST-V when I am trying to get a decent AES setup!

If anyone wants it pm me and I will reduce the price, not quite to 30 quid (I too would take 10) but after reading this here I think my 100 a little optomistic!

Comment

Working...
                              X