One of the coolest collections I seen in a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the coolest collections I seen in a while

For those interested in the other side of gaming this was a wicked colection on auction that just finnished, wouldve loved this lot but no way could i match the money it went for....

Nice, would love one of these for the arcade conversions but you never see them for sale. Have they all been binned?

Comment

I was watching that one finish up today too...

The buyer's "about me" page definitely struck a chord, the lucky git ;p

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
        I was watching that one finish up today too...

The buyer's "about me" page definitely struck a chord, the lucky git ;p
        the buyer is a really nice guy from the Netherlands

Niels is his name if i remember correctly - met him over at the neo forums a few years back

Comment

The seller is a pretty cool guy too his site the Japanese Computer Emulation Centre http://www.jcec.co.uk/ pretty much kick started my whole interest in japanese "computing" that went into some sick depths of emulation and is one of the only decent sites in its field.........he always has items of interest on the ebay.
          Last edited by Baseley09; 23-07-2006, 21:12.

Comment

Had my eyes on that auction too, i was going to post it on the shocking ebay thread thingy but forgot, I'll be honest ive never even heard of the machine, there seems to be loads of really nice titles on it! From the pic they seem to be those old style disk things or is it cart based? Must be one heck of a collection as it went for that much! - is it particularly rare? The guy who bought it splashed about ?700 recently on T-MEK as well for the 32x = deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep pockets!

Comment

I'd much prefer to have a MSX1/2 with a bunch of original games than the X68000 with it's arcade conversions tbh. Don't really like the X68000 remake of Castlevania either.

Comment

Originally posted by howlin-murdock
                they seem to be those old style disk things or is it cart based? Must be one heck of a collection as it went for that much! - is it particularly rare?
                tis 5 3/4 disks, the stuff it came with sint particularly rare, nearly all of it is on ebay now, its the machines being the pain to get hold of shipping from Japan etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mezzanine
                  I'd much prefer to have a MSX1/2 with a bunch of original games than the X68000 with it's arcade conversions tbh. Don't really like the X68000 remake of Castlevania either.
                  Agreed 100%.

More a FM Towns/Marty man anyway..at least the Towns got conversions of less ported (or in some instances not at all ported) decent arcade games, not the usual stuff you can get on a dozen formats already!

Comment

I heard the X68000 was the Japanese equivalent to the Amiga

Comment

I'd be really interested to see how SSFII runs on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                        I'd be really interested to see how SSFII runs on it.
                        SF2 CE is apparently the closest a port capcom could do according to their official history port....not sure of the follow up tho i do know you need extra memory for it.

I'm not sure about the MSX/2 idea, for sure there is some neat software but from my experience the choppy scrolling on some games put me off. Metal Gears & SD Snatcher tho, nice.

IMO Geograph Seal on X68k is about as good as original software gets

Id like any of it really, cant afford of course.....MSX Laserdisc games, oh its a dream
                        Last edited by Baseley09; 25-07-2006, 17:10.

Comment

Working...
                        X