Grindhouse - Tarantino and Rodriguez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grindhouse - Tarantino and Rodriguez

Thanks to Comic-Con there's lots of new info on this.

Coming April 6th in America, the film will be split into two parts with Rodriguez's being Planet Terror (a zombie flick) and Tarantino's being Death Proof (a slasher flick).

And John Carpenters doing the music!

Planet Terror stars Freddy Rodriguez, Rose McGowan, Josh Brolin, Michael Behin, Michael Parks, Jeff Fahey and Tom Savini

From Coming Soon:-

Directors Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino world premiered footage from their new exploitation double feature Grindhouse at the San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday. The clip shown was cobbled together from the first of the two features ? the Rodriguez-directed "Planet Terror" ? a zombie flick.

The footage shown ? with an intentional grainy, camp-like effect ? kicked off with a sheriff's deputy busting into his cop shot ranted about just having his finger bitten off by a suspect he arrest. The other deputies and sheriff in the office all grab guns and proceed out to the cruiser. The cops stalk the cruiser but the detainee has escaped through a shattered rear window. The deputy asks if they see his finger. They don't... but they do find his ring.

From here the clip cuts to trailer-type piece for an anti-hero named Machete! ? a tough looking biker type that wears a trench coat lined with very long knives and swords.

Another segway, but this one goes into full on zombie action. It is unclear where the zombies are coming from, but a hospital seemed to play a central role. Freddy Rodriguez and Rose McGowan are there. Rose's character, Cherry, had an unfortunate scrape and has lost her right leg above the knee. When Rodriguez tries to get her to flee the now undead infested hospital, she exclaims "I don't have a leg!" This moves Rodriguez to walk over to a nearby table, break off one of its legs and jam it on the end of McGowan's bandaged stump. "You do now!" he says.

More zombie action follows as the two escape the hospital. In a later scene, Rodriguez offers McGowan a gift ? a heavy-duty machine gun that clips onto her stump. Now with a machine gun as a leg, McGowan mows down several zombies with one, effective round-kick spray!

Death Proof stars Kurt Russel as the bad guy,Rosario Dawson and Michael Parks (again)

They've yet to start shooting this one yet, so details are a bit scarcer.

Savini FTW!

Comment

Kurt Russell ftw!

Comment

Machine Gun Peg Legs FTW

Comment

Michael Parks, probably playing the sherif again I take it? FTW!

Comment

This could quite possibly be the best film ever.

Comment

Looking forward to this hopefully its a return to form for Tarantino after the garbage that was Kill Bill

Comment

It's probably going to be a very similar thing to Kill Bill tbh, just a load of giallo/slasher references fitted around a weak plot of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Bydo
                  Michael Parks, probably playing the sherif again I take it?
                  Yep he's back as Sheriff Earl Mcgraw in both films

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man
                    It's probably going to be a very similar thing to Kill Bill tbh, just a load of giallo/slasher references fitted around a weak plot of some sort.
                    It has KURT RUSSELL and JOHN CARPENTER on board. Away with your cynicism, o-cynical one. I'm no fan of either Rodriguez or Tarantino (especially the latter) but give it a chance.
                    Last edited by anephric; 24-07-2006, 17:59.

Comment

There is definitely room for cynicism, in light of Kill Bill. In that, he just put together a montage of his favourite bits from movies. That too had great people on board. It's already clear with this that he is doing a similar thing - he is laying his influences out front. Nothing wrong with that if he actually does his own thing with them.

Yes, it could be great.

It could also be just a montage of ripped-off sequences (albeit probably done well).

I wish he'd start making his own movies. Or get a job editing 'best of' genre dvds.

Comment

This is the man that prefers the remake of ? bout de souffle starring Richard Gere for **** sake >_<

Comment

Hey, I like Jim McBride. Although if it wasn't for him, Tarantino would've had no template to copy.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                            Hey, I like Jim McBride.
                            Each to their own I guess
                            Last edited by spagmasterswift; 22-05-2007, 21:03.

Comment

Yeah, he's washed up now, but The Big Easy and Great Balls of Fire were good. I actually really like his remake of Breathless: Richard Gere's terrific in it, and it has the audacity to have a rock'n'roll theme/soundtrack but have a Philip Glass piece at its climactic moment. I even like all the Silver Surfer stuff (Crimson Tide fans: look here).

Comment

Working...
                              X