Question about 4X4 Hardcore PSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about 4X4 Hardcore PSX

Hi, im pretty convinced it was this game anyway........

I had a demo of it back when, during the demo on a rocky terrain track you could race along the "track" or go off the side.........when you went off the side the game (in this demo at least) was a huge expanse with some detail like a large bowl to dive into etc......it didnt seem like it was meant to be tho.

So what I want to know is, is the game actually like this or was this just for the benefit of the demo, or a glitch/cause of unfinnished game??

I should get it anyway, was a lot of uncomplicated fun.

I remember that demo. Wasn't it Monster Trucks by Reflections?

Destruction Derby 2 was great at the time so there was a fair bit of hype about their next game but it ended up getting average reviews I think so I didn't buy it.

Comment

Im not sure, it mightve been the screenshots make them look like the same game near on.

And yeah, Dustruction Derby 2 is still the best game in its field

Comment

that monster trucks demo I used to play over and over. great looking and felt nice too at the time

Comment

It was released on both the PSX and Saturn:

The shop I used to work in had loads of copies, it was quite a common game on the PSX.

Couldn't tell you about the glitch though, I avoided the game as it looked pants!

Comment

I have the Japanese one. I thought it was crap.

I know it says Human on the cover but they are just the Japanese publisher. It's the Gremlin Interactive game.

Yakumo

Comment

The game you're talking about is definitely Monster Trucks, I remember doing the same thing on the demo You weren't meant to be able to get over the wall I guess, because it was kinda glitchy on the other side (nearby you could actually find a load of cpu vehicles just parked up, guess they hadn't done the AI at the time).

Anyway, the full game is a free roaming type thing... you race around the landscape to various checkpoints until you reach the finish. It's alright, but the finished game does have a pretty horrid fluctuating frame rate (caused mainly by the cpu vehicles), as well as some horrendous popup and dodgy collision detection. If you see it cheap it's worth a go I guess, I enjoyed it for some odd reason despite these flaws...

Comment

Thats the **** right there, thanks for clarifying prolly one of those things that wouldve haunted me every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                  It was released on both the PSX and Saturn:

The shop I used to work in had loads of copies, it was quite a common game on the PSX.
                  I still got the Saturn version, fun for about ten mins and that's about it. Still I only got it for 3 quid so can't really moan , and the music wasn't too bad

Comment

You have to play this game just for the:

"WHOOOOOOOH HARDCORE"

Comment

Working...
                    X