Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which joystick to replicate 80s/90s arcade stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which joystick to replicate 80s/90s arcade stuff?

I'm starting to gather info for my mame project and I'm currently on the subject of joysticks.

Given that I'm mostly going to be playing mid 80's to mid 90's (platformers and shooters etc) stuff what would be the defacto joystick to get for that era?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hi,

http://www.lik-sang.com/comparison.php?item_grp_id=17&

I use the Street Fighter one. Its actually quite uncomfortable to use as the butons are all arranged in a straight line as opposed to an arc like the rest. But fr the same reason I think it is the most authentic for late 80s/early 90s games. Also the actual stick its self is great, IMO.

I've got the one on far left for the saturn and its great although the stick is a bit too low down on the base (if you know what I mean).

If I was going to buy any of them now though I'd love to get the one with the silver finnish (think it looks great and quite highly rated as far as I know).

Hope this helps.

Comment

For a cab, you need decent Sanwa or Seimitsu sticks and buttons. It doesn't matter where the hell era the games are from, they are just the best ones to use as they are responsive, perfect for shooters, fighters, platformers, the lot.

Comment

As seany says, get a good modern set, preferably with octagonal stick gate coz the square ones like you find on a DC stick can be a pain sometimes. Don't bother trying to replicate bat-style or knob-style 80s arcade sticks and those crappy buttons, they're ****ing rubbish.

Comment

Working...
        X