Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know anything about the NES Titler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know anything about the NES Titler?

Hi there, my local games dealer has one of these NES Titler things and he's willing to sell it, but im not sure:
    • What it is?
    • Whether its just for JAP games or if you can use some kinda adaptor to play PAL games?
    • Whether its rare? If so how much should i be paying?

Can anybody help me out?

You mean the Sharp Famicom Titler? Its a Famicom + video titling unit in one. Jp machine of course, I guess you could use an adaptor to play pal games?? May be, not so clued up on fc. Be pretty tough to get the titler bit running too I imagine, probably need a full blown jp tv setup. Seen them for sale a few times, (and the stock traders too lol), forget how much for.

Comment

They can run through S-Video as well for a great picture. They are very rare, perhaps worth ?100?

Comment

oh ok, so they dont cost the earth? and exchanging it for a NES diaplay M82 isn't a very good idea? p.s. thanx for the shout wheelaa

Comment

Depends on their respective conditions. Bear in mind jp stuff can always be found in spanking condition. Personally I'd keep M82 over titler for sure..you can pick up a minty (or even new) titler with a bit of patience. Plus as I say the titler bit will most likely not work without a proper jp tv system, thus making it much less functional than an M82.

(keep the m82 and buy a titler when you can..best of both worlds and I'll keep an eye out for a nice one for you too!)

Comment

Aren't there certain issues with the colours being slightly off through s-video & (modded) RGB on the famicom?

Comment

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m32935327

One for sale there..no box but looks in goodish condition. Gives you one price reference at least (assuming it sells). If I collected fc I'd probably personally spend ?200-350 (if I had to of course) for a really nice boxed one (read mint or new).

Edit: A new one listed at gamechoiceclub for $399 but I doubt its in stock.
              Last edited by wheelaa; 28-07-2006, 19:49.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
                http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m32935327

One for sale there..no box but looks in goodish condition. Gives you one price reference at least (assuming it sells). If I collected fc I'd probably personally spend ?200-350 (if I had to of course) for a really nice boxed one (read mint or new).

Edit: A new one listed at gamechoiceclub for $399 but I doubt its in stock.
                thank you Sir Wheelaa i will let you know how it goes, but ?200 is toooooooo much BOSS!

Comment

Working...
                X