Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese N64 help

Hi,

Just ordered a Japanese N64 to play NTSC games on, but have a few questions about using it. What I want to know is:

1) Can I just use a UK N64 power pak, or do a need a converter?

2) Can I use UK controllers on a JPN N64, and vice versa?

3) I assume I'll need a seperate memory card for US and/or JPN saves. Or can they be on a card with UK saves?

Lastly, does anyone have any advice when I come to cutting out the tabs inside the console so that it'll also play US games. I've got 4.5 and 3.8mm gamebits ordered so opening the console shouldn't be a problem.

Any help is really appreciated.

Originally posted by alxbly
    Hi,

Just ordered a Japanese N64 to play NTSC games on, but have a few questions about using it. What I want to know is:

1) Can I just use a UK N64 power pak, or do a need a converter?

2) Can I use UK controllers on a JPN N64, and vice versa?

3) I assume I'll need a seperate memory card for US and/or JPN saves. Or can they be on a card with UK saves?

Lastly, does anyone have any advice when I come to cutting out the tabs inside the console so that it'll also play US games. I've got 4.5 and 3.8mm gamebits ordered so opening the console shouldn't be a problem.

Any help is really appreciated.
    1) Yes you can use a english PSU on a us/jpn machine. Thats how im running mine.

2) Yup

3) Jpn & us saves can live happily on the same memory card. Not sure about pal saves.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I've PMed you about the bottom part of your post.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Thanks Adam, it's been really useful.

Comment

Working...
          X