Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial Impressions - Indiana Jones and Mercedes Benz

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

Nice intro with the game loading up - shows highlights of what to expect during the game to some rousing Indy style music ... really got me into the mood for the game. Graphics are using the Buffy engine (hardly surprising since the Collective did both games) and its nice and colourful -- first level is in an Inca temple style setting and there are birds nestling which fly off as you approach etc. Nice use of vines blocking doorways which disintergrate nicely when you machette them up

Fighting engine is similar to Buffy's but slightly less eccentric ie no acrobatic flips... you also fight in a very 1940's style way ie fisticuffs galore. you also have the usual ensemble of Indy weapons consisting of whip/pistol/machette and you can also pick up weapons a la Buffy

Puzzles upto now have been simplistic - swing over gaps, get switch to open door etc --- very reminiscent of Tomb Raider which is hardly surprising.

Graphically there have been plenty of clipping problems upto now - which is annoying since these weren't as obvious in Buffy.... and it slowsdown slightly in areas

sound is good

Mercedes Benz World Racing

wow - the size of the tracks is astounding, and the detail in trackside scenary is something i haven't experienced upto now. in fact i would go so far as to say that there is just too much happening, for example on the very first track you have countless helicopters moving about, stealth planes and even a UFO hovering above the base (you are in an Area 51 type military base)

Handling is totally customisable via a sliding scale -- alterable from 100% simulation to 100% arcade -- i am currently playing it in arcade mode and it slides really well via hand brake, but using normal brakes result in my wheels locking and me sliding in a straight line -- gonna take some getting used to the balance me thinks

Car models aren't anything to scream about - they do the job and thats about it

Anyone who likes the Need for Speed series will absolutely love this one -- though only Mercedes Benz cars being in it might piss peeps off (102 cars though so there is quite a selection)

camps
Working...
X