video game museum in the uk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video game museum in the uk?

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that there was an arcade game museum somewhere (maybe near brighton?) where they had lots of old machines on freeplay. Can't find anything on google though...

Anyone?

Wasn't a museum as such, it was called Retrokade, and yes it was down on the south coast near Chichester. You could turn up, pay a fee and everything was on freeplay. I believe they had to move from the location in question, and are still trying to find somewhere new to house the machines.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'm sure that was mentioned in EDGE years ago but can't rember.

Isint their one like that in Portsmouth? Could be wrong though, never been myself.

Comment

There used to be one in Kent that I used to go to run by Arcade Heaven. Not sure about now sorry.

Rolling Thunder, Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, Viewpoint (in 6-slot), Robocop, OutRun etc
        Last edited by JAPJAC; 31-07-2006, 02:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
          Wasn't a museum as such, it was called Retrokade, and yes it was down on the south coast near Chichester. You could turn up, pay a fee and everything was on freeplay. I believe they had to move from the location in question, and are still trying to find somewhere new to house the machines.
          One of the guys i work with here has something to do with this, i think he knows the guy running it and he has 200+ cabs of his own. I'll see if i can get any info.

Comment

Sounds pretty interesting, it'd be cool to find out if any are still around.

Comment

it does, fingers crossed one will turn up... cheers for the info so far.

Comment

I spoke to the guy at work who knows the guy running retrokade and unfortunatly its gone into liquidation, and most of the machines are for sale.

Comment

Which explains the sales list on the main page then I guess.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

thats a shame. I would've loved to have gone...

Comment

Working...
                    X