Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about Happ or Wells Gardner monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anything about Happ or Wells Gardner monitors?

I'm looking to buy a Happ or Wells Gardner arcade monitor from new for a mame project.

Does anyone here know which make is better (if any) and why?

WG I believe, simply because they are a better brand.

Comment

There's also Hantarex (hantarex.co.uk), though for every positive recommendation I hear there tends to be negative one too (seem to focus on reliability issues) ...

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Yeah I was leaning towards WG.

Thanks to for the Hantarex link Tychom I didn't know they had a outlet in the UK. As you say though I've heard wildly differing accounts on them!

Comment

Getting a nice new one is the smart thing to do - multiple frequencies, digital settings so you're not pissing about with knobs to fix screen roll and size everytime you change games. Let us know how you get on

Comment

I've got a Hantarex Polo VGA (19" I think) in my cab. I love it - mainly because DC games look absolutely sweet in VGA on it. But also because I can hook up any PC running mame to it without resolution worries.
            It does pixellate old arcade games a bit though due to the res.
            I bought it 4 or 5 years back from hantarex uk - cost about 200 delivered.

Comment

I've heard nothing but bad stuff re Wells Gardner monitors...sorry but they are poorly made and use cheap parts!

Comment

My neo cab uses Hantarex also, ive been in touch with them in the past, and they are indeed recommended

Comment

Working...
                X