Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo "Patch"

Just picked up EDGE today and the Halo mod in the news sounds great fun

I visited the link but nothing more than videos. Is this available to anyone?

Please help! (pm may be better for direct link, if there are any )

Whats this ?

Can you elaborate ?

Comment

Its a mod that you apply to HALO if you have your xbox chipped (as the game needs to be on the HD I think).

Basically it give you things like invincibility, 1 shot kills, so you can now shoot down covenant transports before they land and drop off troops. You can also change into anyone of the enemies if you touch one. So run into an elite and you will now bw controlling an elite as oppossed to Masterchief.

Comment

Yeah I saw this in Edge a few days ago, does sound pretty good. But alas I haven't chiped my xbox and so I won't be trying it for a while.

Sounds great to be able to play as an elite, would be interesting to see how its been implemented.

With regard to being able to bring down covenant transports with one shot : Is it possible to do this in the standard game with multiple shots / rockets etc ? As I haven't managed it as yet

Comment

Originally posted by homer j
          With regard to being able to bring down covenant transports with one shot : Is it possible to do this in the standard game with multiple shots / rockets etc ? As I haven't managed it as yet
          You can only bring down Banshee's and Ghosts not Covenant Tanks or Ships in my experience. The Pistol is the best standard gun for it too

Comment

Originally posted by kamaran
            Originally posted by homer j
            You can only bring down Banshee's and Ghosts not Covenant Tanks or Ships in my experience. The Pistol is the best standard gun for it too
            Yeah that's what I thought : But after seeing the screen shot in Edge showing the transport coming down with the covenant falling out, I presumed that it must be possible to do it in the main game.

Comment

Sounds like an April Fool's joke to me. What's the link?

Comment

Whats the link for the download? and Has it got a name?

Comment

You can hack lots of Xbox games, if you're willing to a) install it to the HDD or b) apply fixes and burn off your own dvd. Clearly both methods require a mod.

For instance, there are hex editor instructions to edit the default.xbe in DOAX to give yourself infinite money.

April fool? Dunno about this particular one, but Xbox games (and presumably any modable system) can be hacked to bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                    Sounds like an April Fool's joke to me. What's the link?
                    Shiit I bet your right M8, never even thought of that - must be getting slow in my oldage They'll be laughing at us next month for sure - BA***RDS

Love the avatar by the way

Comment

Right I've been searching around and have found the patch. It works for both ntsc and pal apparently (one other version doesn't).

Anyone wants the link, pm me or alternatively can a mod give me the okay to post here?

It basically lets you:

*NEVER DIE
                      *FALL GUY -reach areas previously unaccessable
                      *UNLIMITED AMMO
                      *BUMP CHARACTER - be Elites!, Jackels! etc... and apparently drive wraiths! only reason I want this patch really.
                      *SUPER JUMP
                      *REFLECT DAMAGE
                      *MEDUSA - no enemies on map
                      *ONE SHOT KILL -even dropships!
                      *CHEAT CONTROLLER - no idea?
                      *FULL CLIP

I've no idea with FTP etc... so haven't been able to try it (experts much appreciated)

Its no April Fool

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Love the avatar by the way
                          "I've got a drinking problem"
                          Airplane is the **** as far as comedy movies go.

Back on topic, I'll only believe it when someone has seen it running on their very own Xbox.

Comment

I runs fine on mine. Took me a while to figure out where the file that needed patching actually was on my Xbox HD, but when I'd found it, it was relatively easy.

Comment

Heres how to get it to work. All you need to do if find the "default.xbe" file on your xbox HD, and view it in Flash FXP.

Do a "find" to search through the file for "halo". If it finds Halo anywhere, then this is the file to patch. Transfer it over to your PC, preferably into the directory with the patch in, and run the "IPS.exe" from the dos prompt.

The command you need to use is something like "IPS Default.xbe Pal.IPS". That will patch the Default.xbe file if your using a PAL xbox I think. As I have a Pal Xbox, and Pal copy of Halo, thats what I used.

Transfer the patched Default.xbe back into the directory it was in on your Xbox HD, and then reboot your Xbox. Run the game, and press both left and right thumb stick buttons at the same time to bring up the cheat menu. Select yes and no by pressing left and right on the D-pad.
                              To exit this menu, press the left and right thumbstick buttons again.

Sorry if this was a bit long, but I tried to keep it as simple as possible, as not everyone knows how to go about patching on an Xbox.

Comment

Working...
                              X