Broken SNES = Broken Heart ;_;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken SNES = Broken Heart ;_;

Apologies if there is a similar thread, or this is the wrong place to post, i couldnt find anything on search.

Does anyone know anything about fixing a snes? The power button on mine seems to be broken, i turn it on, and the power ligth flashes red for a moment, then goes off. Then no matter what i do, it wont turn on again unless i leave it for about 20minutes, then it flashes again and goes off.

Ive tried turning it on quickly, slowly. I dont want to open it up because ive neither the knowledge nor the tools.

Anyone know anything about snes's or had a similar problem? Or is it Ebay for me to find a new one?

Cheers.
    Diablo

Sounds like it's not plugged in properly to me. Have you checked the PSU for signs of wear?

Also, clean the contacts on the cartridge you are using. Sometimes a SNES won't turn on if it decides there is nothing in the cart slot, and if said cart is dirty then it perceives there to be nothing there at all.

Comment

I didnt think of that

Thanks so much ^_^ opened it and gave it a good clean, then changed the power supply and it works now.

Cheers.
      Diablo

Comment

Another happy ending on NTSC-UK.

Comment

Donate! (joke)

Comment

Glad you got it working, good job phew

Comment

Does anyone know any good converters to play Ntsc or Jap games on a Pal console? I already bought two neither of which work!

Comment

The Datel Programmable Universal Adapter is good, has played everything I've thrown at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Menth
                  Does anyone know any good converters to play Ntsc or Jap games on a Pal console? I already bought two neither of which work!
                  Yeah, seconded for the Datel converters.

Allthough a modded console is the way to go IMHO

Comment

My old PAL SNES is broken too. It works, but only just, the picture has a constant light line scrolling up it, intermittently goes flickery, then the SNES resets over and over. The line runs at a different rate depending on 50/60Hz mode too, which makes me think the PPU is dying/dead but it seems to be affected by the current draw on the cartridge slot too as with a normal cartridge it does the above but with an Action Replay and a cartridge, or a backup unit, it doesn't go anywhere, just does the constant resetting.
                    Any ideas how to fix it?
                    I have a minty fresh Super Famicom now, but the opportunity to have a switched console where required is nice as I can't be bothered to switch the SFC.
                    Last edited by vertigo; 03-09-2006, 12:39.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
                      My old PAL SNES is broken too. It works, but only just, the picture has a constant light line scrolling up it, intermittently goes flickery, then the SNES resets over and over. The line runs at a different rate depending on 50/60Hz mode too, which makes me think the PPU is dying/dead but it seems to be affected by the current draw on the cartridge slot too as with a normal cartridge it does the above but with an Action Replay and a cartridge, or a backup unit, it doesn't go anywhere, just does the constant resetting.
                      Any ideas how to fix it?
                      I have a minty fresh Super Famicom now, but the opportunity to have a switched console where required is nice as I can't be bothered to switch the SFC.
                      No loose wires / short circuits then?

Comment

Originally posted by chaoticjelly
                        No loose wires / short circuits then?
                        Nope No rogue dust bunnies in there either.

Comment

Ahhh, the old dodgy Nintendo PSUs... I still have to turn the PSU upside down to catch the cable in just the right position to get mine working

Comment

PPU mate, not PSU

Comment

Originally posted by Kousoku
                              Ahhh, the old dodgy Nintendo PSUs... I still have to turn the PSU upside down to catch the cable in just the right position to get mine working
                              I have got about 3 dodgy PSU's, is there any way to repair them? They all appear to be dead, and everything seems securely soldered inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X