DC How much is Too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC How much is Too much?

I sorta got a little hooked on DC when I was at uni and worked at Game(Middlesbrough).

I started off with a jap console, I used to put it on a big screen for customers to play on. Then I got a UK one as I could get hold of the promos and games quite easily. Collection kinda multiplied when Game started selling of all of the DC games ?2.49 a pop (and then staff discount).

I never really considered how many games I had until I moved house and had to shift them all.

Now due to age, commitments and space. I am starting to consider moving the collection on or at least pruning it.

Without abusing this thread by asking for prices, do you guys think I'd be able to shift most of this?

Also (In a wannabe willy waver way! ) What are peoples thoughts on the collection, any good stuff in there?

sadly there aren't too many "OMFG RAR0R ????????!!!11" games on the DC so the best advice I could give you regards to pruning your stuff would be to consider what you really like. Some of the games you have are outstanding as games, but when it comes to market value worth about ?1 to ?2 so it's definately worth considering how many games you want and then weigh up the quality of the games you have with the amount they're worth.

DC game prices seem to be plummeting constantly but you do have a few very collectable gems which are worth quite a bit (i.e. ?10 or more ).

PAL

Rez
    Skies of Arcadia
    Marvel Vs Capcom 2
    Street Fighter 3rd Strike + Double Impact + Alpha
    Project Justice
    Shenmue 2
    Gauntlet Legends
    Pro Pinball Trilogy (varies)

You have a few others that are worth a bit, but your best bet really is to individually check titles on ebay as prices are always fluctuating. I mean Virtua Cop 2 will fetch ?30+ on ebay one minute, then under ?5 the next.

One thing you could do to reduce it is offload a few of the regional duplicates you have. Often PAL versions of a game are worth more than US versions of the same game even though the US version is generally superior or at the very least the same.

Anyway it's a nice little set, and I think the DC is a great console, but basically just consider what you would be likely to play again, what you really like, and then look at getting rid of anything else if you want to cut down

Oh and to answer the topic title... um, god knows, I've worryingly broken the 300 game barrier on DC and still keep picking up the odd Japanese game.
    Last edited by MikeRox; 04-08-2006, 15:06.

Comment

Yeah dude, just trim the flab. Ive recently halved my DC collection and am now more happy with it.

Even though I don't really play it I can't bring myself to sell it... just incase, y'know!

Comment

Working...
      X