New GAMEStm scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GAMEStm scores

Please, I realise a lot of Edge fanboys may have registered here lately, but no thoughtless bashing of this fine publication!

Devil May Cry 2 - 6/10

In the end, we just can't help feeling that in trying to make the game appeal to a more mainstream audience, Capcom has accidentally taken out all the things that made Devil May Cry worth playing in the first place.
    DOAXB - 6/10
    The Mark of Kri - 4/10
    Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution (GameCube import) - 9/10

The best sports title of this generation.
    Pride FC - 4/10
    Toca Race Driver - 6/10
    Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven - 7/10
    Indiana Jones - 6/10
    Rayman 3 - 6/10
    Sonic Mega Collection - 7/10
    Shining Soul - 5/10
    NBA Street 2 - 8/10
    War of the Monsters - 4/10
    Mr Driller Drill Land - 8/10
    Suikoden 3 - 8/10
    Unreal 2: The Awakening - 6/10
    Skies of Arcadia Legends - 7/10

Guilty Gear X2 - 5/10

Lovely looking, but rather unbalanced gameplay.
    Virtua Tennis Advance - 6/10
    Vexx - 2/10

Move over Blinx - Your're no longer the least likeable character of the 21st century. Almost utterly without merit - a disgrace.
    Poor Vexx...

Guilty Gear X2 - 5/10
    What on Earth are they talking about? - If this game is so unbalanced why the HELL has it got such a massive arcade following?

Most people hold this alongside 3rd Strike.

Comment

I'm glad GamesTM is using the full 10 scale marking (not just 7 and above). Incidently, has Caco started his TM bit yet?

Comment

I think Saur's made the point before that the peeps who usually review fighting games aren't necessarily at one with the genre (it's all very zen)

That's how the GGXX score reads to me; as if not enough time has been spent with the game - haven't read the actual review though, so I could be wrong.

Having said that though, I hope one review isn't enough to put anyone off this incredible game

Comment

Originally posted by Lorraine Kelly
          Devil May Cry 2 - 2/10
          Jesus Christ. I can't stand the game, but 2?!? I'm shocked, but I've no sympathy for the game, or for Capcom.

Comment

It's already been said, but that GGXX score is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY off.

GGXX is one of the most balanced fighting games I've had the pleasure of experiencing. I think they may be confusing OTT moves and pyrotechnics with a lack of balance. ft:

Comment

They said hardcore 2D fighting fans may enjoy it, but it wont appeal to anyone else (Like the Street Fighter games do, for instance).

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
              Originally posted by Lorraine Kelly
              Devil May Cry 2 - 2/10
              Jesus Christ. I can't stand the game, but 2?!? I'm shocked, but I've no sympathy for the game, or for Capcom.
              Sorry, that was meant to be a 6. Edited it now...

Comment

I know peeps have said it already, but they honestly can`t know **** to say that GGXX is unbalanced. I laugh in the face of GamesTM

Comment

6/10 for Toca Race Driver. Can anyone who has the mag elaborate, I was expecting an improvement on the PS2 version, what went wrong?

Comment

Chalk another one up disappointed at the GGXX score. I know it's each to their own an' all, but 5 is a harsh score for a quality game.

Comment

Well, they're allowed their own opinion. Personally I thought NTSC's Monkey Ball 2 review was far too harsh. I've played a hell of a lot of multi-format trash this generation and to claim a game like Monkey Ball 2 is average seems kind of ludicrous. Then again, that's probably what you're thinking about GG.

Originally posted by wheeljack
                      6/10 for Toca Race Driver. Can anyone who has the mag elaborate, I was expecting an improvement on the PS2 version, what went wrong?
                      Nothing, a 6 in this mag is the same as NTSC or Edge, above average but nothing amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                        I'm glad GamesTM is using the full 10 scale marking (not just 7 and above). Incidently, has Caco started his TM bit yet?
                        If Caco is Ollie Barder then yes. I found his article extremely interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by samoht
                          Originally posted by PeteJ
                          If Caco is Ollie Barder then yes. I found his article extremely interesting.
                          Yup, they one and the same - he knows his stuff. Always good to read his articles ^^

Comment

I may have been a little harsh on Monkey Ball 2...but not by much.

Comment

Mark of Kri 4/10

sheer criminality against the laws of good games

Mark of Kri is a brilliant game which just fails to reach the higher ecelons of the ps2 library

4/10 is about right then

camps

Comment

Working...
                              X