Sunderland AFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunderland AFC

Major struggle ahead? What a load of bloody rubbish the last two games have been. Promoted teams can be defeated about 9 or 10 times a season. SAFC - 2 out of 2! Selling assets and replacing them with third rate no-hopers. It's a bummer for supporters who saw the team in 2nd place around New Year two seasons in a row at the turn of the millennium.

I agree not a good start. Im sure quinny knows this and will be working hard to bring in players of a better level than the ****e we call a team.

Comment

Getting Lawrence off the left wing would be a good start - he's no Allan Johnston. Miller is hopeless on the right wing. If Quinny really does want a return to the wing-based quick, attractive football of 6 years ago, he needs wingers!

Comment

It was never going to be a good start for Sunderland when Quinn admitted he was going to be the manager despite not wanting to do it.

He needs to get someone in to manage, and before the transfer deadline, or they're going to do a Norwich...

Comment

C'mon, Quinny, do the decent thing and sack Quinny. Defeat to Coventry, maybe. Defeat to Brum, fine. Defeat to Plymouth, get your coat.

Comment

Made even crueller by Ian Holloway singing 'build me up buttercup' in his post match interview on Five Live.

Comment

Quinn must surely realise he's in beyond his depth. Too many eggs, etc. Too much ****e, too, in that team. He's had experience with hosses, maybe he should send cack like Cunningham (thanks for the backpass) to the knacker's yard. And as for Clarke - trade one good injury-prone left back for a poor injury-prone penalty-conceding left back. Great business.

Comment

It doesn't really seem that any signings are really imminent either, the only one I've heard of is Philips potentially coming back and it doesn't look like you'll get Andy Reid from us (not that you'd want him anyway).

Comment

Pie-boy Reid would be welcome in place of the no-hopers we've assembled. And Phillips would be excellent, but he can't be expected to be the Messiah.

Comment

Quinn chasing Maybury ... I can hardly contain my excitement. Seriously, though, anyone got the heads up on Leicester City's finest?

Also see he's letting Smith go on trial to Aberdeen, with loan move possible. Great news, cos the club's overflowing with quality left backs. Like Clive Clarke.

Comment

What makes it better is we have no left sider fit at all. Clarke is now out for a month so will take him at least 2 months to get back fully fit and welsh is out for a month. And it looks like quinny dont fancy elliott at all as he wasnt even on the bench on saturday.

Comment

Arca, McCartney, Smith - I wonder if a left footed player has wronged Quinny in the past. He's single-handedly managed to replicate England's problem, within a few weeks. Well done Mr Quinn!

Comment

4-1! even luque scored!

sorry couldn't resist it, hope you get promoted this year not the same derby with the smoggies, if you can call it that.

Comment

Maybe getting Phillips back would be more useful than we might think - wasn't he a defender before he left watford?

Comment

yeah i full back i think!

that 4-1 was a dark day indeed. Wasn't it Mary Poppins' last game too? Quite a high if it was, despite the injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X