What would you do? saturn collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do? saturn collection

Ive been collecting PAL saturn games since January 2006, i managed to get the console, virtua racer wheel and the arcade joypad plus alot of games.

Im thinking of packing it in, and selling it on. I can't make my mind up though.

I know theres probably dozens of games ive yet to discover. Im still quite into my megadrive collecting.

I was thinking, should i just box it up and just put it in the wardrobe. Or should i just get rid of it.

i can't make my mind, so i thought you lot here could help out. Some true saturn fans out there

Get it modded to play games from all regions and give you Saturn a new lease of life.

Comment

What games do you have? The Saturn has one of the best software line-ups out there, but there are a LOT of mediocre titles out there, especially if you buy the crap in GameStation etc.

We could advise you on what games to pick up.

Comment

2 boxes full of games.

The best one i have is Dark Saviour.
        i have about 60 games.. pictures have been taken. Have a close look.

All Cardboard PAL i have.

All these are Plastic Boxed ones including, road rash, wipeout 2097, need 4 speed, sonic r and more.

Comment

i like the look of that tracey shaw game

Comment

sell them all and go Japanese

loads of great Jpn only games

i just hate the UK and US style of boxes for the Saturn

Especially the American boxes - just awful

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X
              i like the look of that tracey shaw game
              well spotted. haha

Comment

There was a huge amount of crap that reached our shores and equally just as much good stuff that never saw light of day outside of Japan. Ditch 99% of the crappy Pal stuff (do you really need those awful Fifa's) but keep/get the one's that need to be in English ie Shining Force III, PDS, Dragon Force, Guardian Heroes etc. Get a switched Saturn or a Japanese one to accompany your Pal unit.

Comment

If I were you, I'd definately keep -

Virtual On
                  Panzer Dragoon
                  Tomb Raider
                  Sega Rally
                  Daytona
                  Dark Saviour
                  Virtua Fighter (for the collection)
                  Virtua Fighter 2
                  Panzer Dragoon II
                  Command & Conquor (maybe, ditch if you hate RTS)
                  Alien Trilogy (I liked it, not as good as Duke etc of course)
                  Sega Worldwide Soccer 97 (or 98 of you have that, not both)
                  Die Hard Trilogy (maybe)
                  Sonic R
                  WipEout 2097
                  Duke Nukem 3D
                  NHL Powerplay **
                  Manx TT
                  Sega Ages Vol 1 (still the best home port of Outrun)

And heck, any titles you may like but others won't (I liked Loaded myself).

The rest can go to fund some decent games.

In terms of PAL titles, some gaping holes are Panzer Dragoon Saga (one of the few games well worth the high asking prices), Shining Force III, Burning Rangers, Exhumed, Quake, Guardian Heroes, Nights, Pandemonium, Resident Evil, Steep Slope Sliders, any Capcom game. Perhaps Winter Heat, Riven and Deep Fear, but research them first.

Someone else can advise as far as JPN titles go, but you're best gettng a 60Hz machine for those.

**The sequal to this, NHL Powerplay 98, did come out on the Saturn. Sega themselves released it (instead of Virgin) as NHL All-Star Hockey 98, nothing to do with the previous NHL All-Star game own. Naturally this makes NHL Powerplay redundant, but both are hard to come by as far as PAL titles go.
                  Last edited by sj33; 12-08-2006, 19:44.

Comment

I can mod Saturns if your looking for a modder..

Comment

really yo u cxan mod like a playstation

Comment

I'd say Dark Saviour is your best bet if you want to sell stuff - just eBay that. Sell the rest, apart from choice titles if you intend to keep your Saturn, as they're not really worth much (even the greatness that is PDZ, sadly.)

Saturn sports games aren't far off in value from the EA Megadrive FIFA titles.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                          sell them all and go Japanese

loads of great Jpn only games

i just hate the UK and US style of boxes for the Saturn

Especially the American boxes - just awful
                          Just like I hate people who play Neo Geo roms only when all the "great japan only" Saturn games are free in mame

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                            Just like I hate people who play Neo Geo roms only when all the "great japan only" Saturn games are free in mame
                            no problem - and the boxes, do you like them?

Comment

Yeah, My Saturn is modded to hell. Japanese Saturn with internal dc converter replaced with a UK, mod chip installed(Only 1 solder), action replay + ram cart.

Keep em dude, the expression "They don't make games like that anymore" is truer by the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X