Best Footie Game? Sensi or Kick Off 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Footie Game? Sensi or Kick Off 2?

I have to go for kick off 2 but the ladies in the office seem to think sensi!

i would like to throw microprose soccer on the C64 into the mix

Comment

Sensible. Sensi World Of Soccer was the holy grail if you were a footy nut - I remember my mate being on the dole and playing that game for more hours a day than if he was working - insane.

I always found KickOff2 a bit too jittery - I bet it's practically unplayable these days.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
        i would like to throw microprose soccer on the C64 into the mix
        Oh yes - Did you know it was actually the fore-runner to Sensible ? Coded by Jon Hare !!!!

Had it on the ST - great game but the swerve was a bit pre-ordained

Comment

haha yeah the banana shots in the 8-0 wins against oman were fun but come on not really a contender for best footie game?

However what about best footie game on c64? either that or emlyn hughes ?
          Speccy had to be matchday 2 that was superb

Comment

Yoshi you dont understand or play footie though :-)

Comment

Nor volleyball but I do love playing DOAxVB !!!

Comment

good point well made :-)

Comment

There was a Peter Beardsley game on the C64 where I never won a throw in, ever. Even when the ball clearly touched the CPU opponet last, they got the throw in. But to answer your question, its gotta be Sensi.
                  Last edited by prinnysquad; 15-08-2006, 16:02. Reason: Stupidity

Comment

you boys on crack Microprose wasnt that great at all Microprose Golf on the amiga on the other hand... wow!

Comment

Yep we played the ST version of Microprose Golf for months & months.

I've actually been trying to trace a copy (it was called David Leadbetters golf in the US) - Can't find it anywhere.....

Comment

Championship Manager 01/02

I was always more of a Sensi fan to be honest and the original Amiga version ****s on that piece of buggy rushed crap that is Sensible Soccer 2006.

Comment

Another vote for Sensi. Nothing came close man, nothing!

Comment

Champ manager was class yeah but different type of game..

Cant believe you ladies prefer Sensi it was great but Kick Off 2 was better you got out what you put it took hours of practice to get good at it and felt like an achievement to score unlike sensi

Comment

Sensi was great man - not just for the awesome gameplay, but also the humour within. I always used to play as the CHEAP THRILLS team, with classic players such as Glass Bottle, and Banana - and I can't forget Toothbrush.

ACE!

Comment

Working...
                              X