Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega mk 3

Anyone know much about the mk ?
    A few q's if i could a good list of some good games on this system?
    would i need a step down to play the system?
    cheers

Quality Mark III exclusives:

Alex Kidd BMX Trial
    Galactic Protector
    Machine Gun Joe
    Rygar
    Solomon's Key
    Woody Pop

Quality games also released in Europe for the Master System:

Aleste [Power Strike]
    Alex Kidd in Miracle World
    Alien Syndrome
    Bomber Raid
    Double Dragon
    Fantasy Zone 1 & 2
    Final Bubble Bobble [Bubble Bobble]
    Kenseiden
    Maze Walker [Maze Hunter 3D]
    Out Run
    Phantasy Star
    Pit Pot
    R-Type
    SDI [Global Defense]
    Shinobi
    Space Harrier
    Space Harrier 3D
    Super Wonder Boy [Wonder Boy]
    Super Wonder Boy Monster World [Wonderboy in Monster Land]
    Zillion

No need for a step-down, you can use PAL Master System [or MegaDrive 1] hook-ups without a problem.

Comment

Machine Gun Joe (1-screen shooty game) and Woody Pop (Arkanoid-ish) I can vouch for as I have them on a shonky 16-in-1 Gamegear cart complete with Sega Mark III boot screens
      Pit Pot is hard beyond impossible to work out. I've done the training level but never even done the beginner level. I checked a FAQ to see where I was going wrong and the solutions to the castles are so bloody contrived I never bothered to pick it up again.

While we're on the subject, IMO GG Pengo is the absolute best version of the game. Everything is clear on-screen, the controls are tighter than, well, whatever, and it provides a nice fun challenge, so check that out if you've not. Vastly superior to the slightly mushy arcade version.

Comment

Don't forget that there's a much better sound-chip on the MKIII but not every game support this, the AlexKidd games does though. Aren't that much into MKIII but maybe this site will provide you with some helpful info.

http://www.smspower.org/

Is PowerStrikeII an EU-only release? Because I'd say that PowerStrikeII is by far superior to the first instalment. And NinjaGaiden anyone?

Comment

The Mark III doesn't havethe better FM sound chip. You have to buy it as an add on. The Japanese Master System on the other hand has it built in.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Alf81
            Is PowerStrikeII an EU-only release? Because I'd say that PowerStrikeII is by far superior to the first instalment. And NinjaGaiden anyone?
            Both Power Strike II and Ninja Gaiden were released in Europe, Australia & Brazil.
            Also, SMS Power Strike II is a different game to GameGear Aleste II.

Comment

mk3

sorted a mk3 out now just waiting for it to arrive some more questions if i can?
              It comes with all cables but i need a power supply i only have a mega drive 2 power supply will this do?
              Apart from yahoo jp where is the best place to get mk3 software?
              Was there a light gun for this? can you use a master system gun?
              Anyone else own one?
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bossk2k3
                sorted a mk3 out now just waiting for it to arrive some more questions if i can?
                It comes with all cables but i need a power supply i only have a mega drive 2 power supply will this do?
                Apart from yahoo jp where is the best place to get mk3 software?
                Was there a light gun for this? can you use a master system gun?
                Anyone else own one?
                thanks
                The Megadrive 2 power supplys connector is too small - it doesnt physically fit, also the polarity is reversed.

You can sometimes get Mark III software on eBay, elsewhere, I don't know..

I think there may of been a gun, not sure on that one, ask Anagrama.

Yes, I own one, I recently got it off Anagrama, I need to fix a power switch onto it as its one of his bodge-ups

Comment

The Light Phaser wasn't released in Japan. A Euro/US Phaser would probably work, but there's not much point without any Phaser compatible games.

Comment

Anyone into the SMS should try Golvellious (great Zelda-type game by Compile) and the rather excellent port of Rastan.

Comment

Working...
                    X