DOA3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOA3

i'm currently having the phase of loving beat-em-ups and i think it's the best time to have this phase. At the moment i believe Tekken 4 to be cream of the crop. Great graphics and gameplay. Lovly stuff. But i was told about this game, and, like a fool, i ran out to buy it. It's a strange one this. Theres something missing... Something big, but i just cant put my finger on it. It feels so shallow, such a non-game.

It's a great shame as i loved DOA2

Originally posted by drunken_elmo
    i'm currently having the phase of loving beat-em-ups and i think it's the best time to have this phase. At the moment i believe Tekken 4 to be cream of the crop. Great graphics and gameplay. Lovly stuff. But i was told about this game, and, like a fool, i ran out to buy it. It's a strange one this. Theres something missing... Something big, but i just cant put my finger on it. It feels so shallow, such a non-game.

It's a great shame as i loved DOA2
    Sorry to disagree with you, but Tekken 4 is a bad game. You really ought to try out VF4 Evo, which is muuuch more balanced and also the deepest fighter available.

I`m more of a Soul Calibur player though myself, so would obviously advise you trying this.

As for DOA3, its a far better game than Tekken 4, and offers a far more fluid and satisfying fighting system than Tekken 4. Give it more time and train up on the moves.

Also, I`m a firm believer in no one being able to learn a fighting game properly without competition. You need people to learn with you for you to get much out of them IMO, because the AI offers an inadequate and unrealistic (unhuman) challenge.

Comment

DOA3 has been simplified too far

The counter system in the arcade version of DOA2 was much more complex and made for a better game - where players of good skill could have decent challenges. DOA3's counters are FAR too easy, decent players cant even have a good challenge on the game as every single attack thrown will get countered. You have to rely on cheap set-ups, tap-throws and mid/low variations to catch people off guard.

DOA1 on the Saturn is blatantly the best DOA - surprised you like Tekken 4 tho! That game gets treated like a disease round here Tekken 4 never took off in the arcades either - it is a VERY poor game.

Comment

There will never be a better game in terms of graphics and gameplay than SOUL CALIBER can't wait to get my mitts on 2 just hope they havn't ruined it like so many sequels

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
          surprised you like Tekken 4 tho! That game gets treated like a disease round here Tekken 4 never took off in the arcades either - it is a VERY poor game.
          Yeah- In Tokyo, no one touches Tekken 4. Its funny to see an arcade CRAMMED with VF4 Evo and Soul Cali 2 players and not a single boy touching Tekken 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
            Originally posted by Saurian
            surprised you like Tekken 4 tho! That game gets treated like a disease round here Tekken 4 never took off in the arcades either - it is a VERY poor game.
            Yeah- In Tokyo, no one touches Tekken 4. Its funny to see an arcade CRAMMED with VF4 Evo and Soul Cali 2 players and not a single boy touching Tekken 4.
            EXACTLY the same here - the place could be chocka with brers playing VF4, Tekken Tag, KOF, 3rd Strike - yet NOBODY plays Tekken 4. I have no idea why that heap is still there! They still havent got Evo tho - but Initial D is only 50p per credit ^^

Comment

As for VF4 i'm sorry to leave it out but i don't really class it in the same league as it's one of a kind simulation, IMO. I love that game to bits but i really must say Tekken 4 keeps me warm inside. I love it, i really do. The whole feel to the game is just so right. The characters are supurb, with steve being the coolest thing ever (apart from gitaroo man) and the levels are stunning. As for mortal kombat, i was dissapointed, the games nice but you come to expect more than one fatality and you just want them to include Friendships

Comment

Working...
              X