This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester United Thread

Great performance from us against Fulham, just the start we needed.

Ruud's departure hopefully won't come back to bite us on the arse, but on evidence of yesterday's performance, we don't need him.

We're attacking with pace and guile and both Rooney and Ronaldo were in devastating form, as was the welcome return of Scholesy as well, whose vision and footballing brain are second-to-none when he's on his game.

Now starts the ban of the aforementioned Scholes and Rooney now, so hopefully we can see ourselves comfortably through the next three games.
    Last edited by ezee ryder; 30-07-2009, 16:43.

United must be quite dissapointed with the final result given that they were 4-0 up after only 20 minutes. They looked incredible yesterday and it wouldn't have suprised me if they'd scored 10. Agree about Rooney, Ronaldo and Scholes, I also thought Giggs was excellent.

Comment

Aye, they took their foot off the pedal when the game as a contest ended after 20 minutes.

Giggs had a good game, although he was lucky not incur a serious injury after Brown's dangerous challenge.

Comment

I was following the game in work but never managed to catch the highlights which I was severely pissed off about, know where to see them anyone?

Seemed like a great performance though and puts us #1 in the league for once! Quite surprised Sir Alex didnt bring anyone else in though.

Comment

Originally posted by davesol
          United must be quite dissapointed with the final result given that they were 4-0 up after only 20 minutes.
          Well, if that duck-faced fan-loathing ungrateful twat Ferdinand hadn't spooned an own-goal, we'd have kept a clean sheet.ft:

Comment

Early days but after seeing the games on MOTD2 last night we looked the best of the bunch.
            Great flowing play from the boys, hope it can continue.

Smith back in action;

Comment

well .. after 20 mins united blatantly took their foot of the pedal, i meen save a bit for charlton tommorrow hey lol, conserving energy is how i like to put it. Evra had his best game for united without a doubt and the link up play between midfeild and attack was truly awesome, lets just hope united can keep it up. Unfortunatley we will be missing rooney and scholes for the next 3 games which is insane but we have many top class players such as giggsy ronaldo and saha who can make up for this. As first thought the united crowd were brilliant, got behind ronaldo which was brilliant to see. Hes a top player and we need to keep him protected from all these stupid supporters that make him out to be the enemy ... hes simply been made a scapegoat for englands defeat in the WC and lets face it there always has to be one ... its always someone elses fault.
              With the possible signings of Tevez and Hargreaves i think clubs will find that united will be a very hard team to beat this year and i rekon we can actually push chelsea all the way.
              United for the league ... COME ON LADS !
              Last edited by samar7; 22-08-2006, 21:24.

Comment

I've heard rumours that Hargreaves will be calling a press conference to state that he wants to leave Bayern for Man U. That should make this an interesting few days.

Comment

Bayern are obviously going to have to sell, but they are just holding out for as much money as they can get, but he will be at Utd by the end of the transfer window.

Comment

Tevez has also gone on strike! Looking good

Comment

Aye, hoping ol' Sir Alex offers him an escape route and the no. 10 shirt.

Comment

Well that was an exciting end to the 1st half Giggs hitting the post and Ronaldos effort off the bar!!! Let us hope that Carrick is fit enough to replace Fletcher...

Comment

Looks like a glorious night for United - Chelsea losing 2-1, United winning 3-0 and Ole Gunnar scoring after 2 years out. They have looked superb in both the games Ive seen of them so far this season.

Comment

Gettin'

Great start to the season so far... next up... your lot Marcus!

Comment

Yep, very encouraging start. Hope the lads can keep the momentum going.

Comment

Working...
                              X