Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honest Opinion about Space Channel 5

It's a bit **** isn't it?

I heard so much about this game I eventually got myself a copy off ebay. I was expecting some sort of music interaction into the game (Rez) mixed with the action of a DDR. Instead I get treated to some pink haired slut in spandex (okay, that wasn't so bad) with Simon says gameplay. Dunno if anyone remembers QTE Title in the Shenmue arcade? It's like a full game version of that but somehow not as much fun.

Sega, I expected better

Anyone want to challenge me as to why I should like this game?

shoot! shoot! jump then shoot! (or whatever)

no, its crap.

Comment

Yeah its naff, I got the double pack on the PS2 a while back.

Only good bit of Part2 is Wacko is in it lol.

Comment

Hey, my girlfriend liked it!

Comment

Each to their own I say. Part two is much better. It's a game about reflexes so if you though otherwise then that's your own fault for misunderstanding.

Hang on, that sounds rude, doesn't it ? Well, you know what I mean

Yakumo

Comment

I enjoyed it though admittedly it's probably not very challenging.

Yes, part 2 with Mr Jackson is better.

Comment

Heresy!

You people are mad - its fantastic. The original is probably a bit long in the tooth by now, but the sequel is one of the finest rythmn action games ever. Singing! Guitars! Drums! Pelvic Thrusts! Tap Dancing! Robot Marshmallows! Slow motion diving! Opera singing flower women! PuuuurggeeeeTeeeVeeeShooowww! Rescuing Jacko!

Seriously though, the sequel has some of the most amazing set pieces ever in it. Off the top of my head - level 1 boss, the guitar battle with Pudding on level 2, Tap dancing against the level 2 boss, the Space Police Chase & drum fight, sneaking into the baddie headquarters, the big band battle, dancing with Jacko, and the really quite emotional finale

Sit down with the Japanese version of Part 2 and play through the entire game in two player. Top gaming right thurr.

Comment

Wow! Didn't know Michael was in SC52. I may have to pick it up.

Comment

Am I the only one who felt that the timing of the beats in SC5 was out? I play a lot of rhythm games. I'm not great at them but I've played a lot and I found that I had to get a whole new system in SC5. I can't remember which but I either had to pre-empt the beat by quite a bit or delay the button press. Getting it actually on the beat would miss it every time.

Comment

I didn't complete SC5 but I think I got to the last level (it's a pretty short game) where you meet "Space Michael"... wooo

I didn't feel confortable playing the game encase someone came into the room, it's about in the same league as a grown man playing with barbie dolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
                      Am I the only one who felt that the timing of the beats in SC5 was out? I play a lot of rhythm games. I'm not great at them but I've played a lot and I found that I had to get a whole new system in SC5. I can't remember which but I either had to pre-empt the beat by quite a bit or delay the button press. Getting it actually on the beat would miss it every time.
                      Yeh lots of people felt that, myself included, but it "clicks" once you realise that tapping your feet and moving your body in time to the rhythm as you press the pad helps an awful lot! You'll suddenly find you'll hit every note: You've gotta move and groove your body, man. Bit gay though...

Edit: SC5 is brilliant, honest
                      Last edited by Tetsuo; 23-08-2006, 14:40.

Comment

JAG-WAR!!!!

Comment

Yeah it was a bit crap, i enjoyed it mildly cause it looked pretty mad at the time....

I too found the controls to be "off".

Comment

Yep that's how I remember it Tetsuo.

Wasn't there some kabegami - wallpaper on the disk?

Comment

I found it quite funky but didn't play it much 'cos the Dreamcast D-pad is a bit **** and led to many missed beats.

Comment

Working...
                              X