X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK games on a SFC?

Hi there,
    Can anyone give me any advice?
    I've got a nice collection of SFC games (well, getting there) but sometimes find them hard work to play due to language barriers.
    I have just picked up a spare SFC so was wondering if I fit a region switch or disable the region coding could I play UK PAL games on it in full screen/speed?
    Thanks in advance,
    Rob.

the UK games would run full screen/speed with the use of a convertor on the SFC. no need for modding. only a select few UK titles wouldn't work with an adaptor.

Comment

Nice one beecee,
      I used to use a converter on my SNES years ago but didn't realise it worked the other way round!
      Cheers,
      Rob.

Comment

I dont think that advice is correct, while uk games will run on a sfc with a converter,i dont think they'll run full speed, full screen. Your sfc will need modding to play uk games full speed/screen.

Comment

I would love to know if I can get UK SNES Sensible Soccer to run on a Jap SFC?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
            I dont think that advice is correct, while uk games will run on a sfc with a converter,i dont think they'll run full speed, full screen. Your sfc will need modding to play uk games full speed/screen.
            Yes they will, i have had a Japanese SFC, US Snes running UK games via a converter giving me full screen full speed gaming. the notable exceptions being street fighter, starfox (all SFX games) as these weren't full screen on the US/Jap machines anyway.

as both these machines were 60hz, they will provided a full screen display. all you need to do is put a Japanese SFC game in the rear of the adaptor, an put any region games in the top.

the games you need to look out for are later games like Secret of Mana, Street fighter Alpha. and some chip enhanced games, not sure about sensi soccer though but as this was a normal non enhanced game you should have no problem. try pick yourself up a Datel Pro universal adapter as this ran 99% of the games through it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAPJAC
              I would love to know if I can get UK SNES Sensible Soccer to run on a Jap SFC?
              Only with a Datel Programmable Universal Adaptor.

Unfortunately it's one of the few games that detects region lockout AND system speed.

As for playing PAL games on an SFC, you can disable the region lockout and ass a 50/60Hz switch, but some games like all the Mario titles won't run with the region lockout disabled and glitch in 60Hz if it's the PAL cart.

Mario RPG won't run at all on a modded system.

Comment

Working...
              X