Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place for a Jap Saturn

Guys,

Just wanted to find out if you knew of anywhere online that I could get a reasonably priced Boxed Jap White Saturn???

I currently have a UK Modded (Region & 60hz) version but the power block in the back has come loose & needs fixing & I'm really not comfortable doing it myself.
    So other than sending it off to be done which will cost a fortune I think I've decided to cut my losses & buy a Jap machine (Makes sense really as 90% of my games are jap anyway)
    But I cant see any for reasonable money...the good ones on Ebay from Hong Kong go for about ?75 including shipping plus whatever customs will rape me for so not really a viable option & Video Game Imports prices are just plain rediculous so I was wondering if you knew of any better options??

Thanks for the help.

Neil

Didn't you fix it??
    What was actually wrong with the power board?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinebi
      Didn't you fix it??
      What was actually wrong with the power board?
      I had a quick look & it's just loose as far as I can tell but I really didnt feel too comfortable with the whole trying to glue it back incase the glue ran while it was setting or I over did it & then trying to put it back together after was a total mare

I really am pretty useless with all this stuff so unless someone knows a cheap way to post it & who could repair it I think its a done machine (Will probably sell it once I do buy another to recoup some of the outlay for the Jap replacement)

Neil

Comment

So, was it a model 1 or 2?
        My guess is, if you're gonna buy a JAP one, it'll probably be a model 2 (never seen a model 1 JAP)
        You could always use a hot glue gun to fix it, it's sturdy, yet very easy to shape afterwards...

Also read the topic about this http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=63266,so if you're not in a hurry to buy one....

::thinking about moving to UK, much larger scene for me...::
        Last edited by Shinebi; 30-08-2006, 07:19.

Comment

Thanks for that Shinebi...will kepp an eye out, I'm in no real rush TBH I have my DC & Under Defeat keeping me busy at the mo

I'm pretty sure mine is a Mk2 (came in the smaller box with Round buttons??) it has served me well over the last 8 years (My brother bought it for me as my 21st birthday present) & out of all my consoles I'm pretty sure it's had the most use, still such a great machine & a real shame it failed

Neil

Comment

Working...
          X