Hardest Castlevania boss fight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardest Castlevania boss fight!

Castlevania is probably my favourite series although i am torn between quite a few.

Anyway, just wondering if any fellow fans have a memorable difficult boss fight, i originally played the nes version when it came out and found a lot of it difficult at the time, but i picked it up again a few years ago and beat everything quite easily.

I remember reading that the dracula in vampires kiss was hard, i nearly beat him on my first go, but i did beat him on just my second attempt.

Noticable difficult bosses in CVIII especially the part where you have to beat 3, i struggled for ages then got a good rhythm going and beat them.

Anyway, topic! my hardest boss fight with a CV game is definitely dracula from Circle of the moon, i've played about 95% CV games and i can't think of any boss that has come close to that! Anyone else...

Castlevania 64. I didn't play much of it, but I remember one boss in particular, where you had to go into a large underground crypt. If memory serves the boss could turn into a bat and it was incredibly annoying to try to hit her(?). The one way we found to hit the boss and not get minced was to constantly jump and whip.

It went down in friend folklore as 'Skip to victory'.

Comment

Vampires kiss was a total bastard of a game. you know the bit where you have to jump over the pillars on stage 4? and if you fall down you have to do the crappy stage in that swamp? well, I've never made it across the pillars. You have to fight death at the end of that stage and he always kicks my ass.

Comment

Dracula in the first Castlevania was a total bastard to beat.

Comment

I read the topic and the firt boss I thought of was Dracula in COTM. my god after two years I've still not beaten him. I keep going up a level and again and again and nothing. Just arse kicked every time even after two years of getting to him.

Comment

Yeah, deffinitley dracula in circle of the moon. He is possible, but only if youre on a very high level and have some of the best magic cards.

Comment

Death in the original and CV4 can be very tough if you don't know what you're doing. Those are two of my favourite battles, though!

The Koranot type guy in Haunted Castle is a total nightmare, too.
              Last edited by Klatrymadon; 30-08-2006, 20:56.

Comment

Quick Tip for boss in COTM, although it could be considered cheating, i don't think it is, kill the skeletons for plenty of little potions, and somewhere in the castle, (sorry this might not help) but one of the four legged beasts drops a high potion and he is in a room all alone, so its a basic rinse and repeat exercise, if you want to complete the game, i recommend that, as beating dracula in COTM is a tough one, oh and like you said, level up!

EDIT it's a big meat he drops not a potion.

Comment

I'm playing my way through the series atm, did Bloodlines and Vampires kiss last night. Ignoring haunted castle, (Which is stupidly hard) Dracula at the end of vampires kiss gets my vote, the whole thing taking place on precarious pillars, a single mistake usually sees you falling to your death. Although there is a pretty easy way to tackle his first incarnation.

The whole game just seemed really rigid and unforgiving, in direct contrast to bloodlines which seemed to flow pretty well.

It's been a while now, but i remember Rondo of blood being crazily hard.
                  Last edited by Rebelli0n; 30-08-2006, 22:59.

Comment

I got stuck on that damm belzebub on SOTN for ages, it wasnt him that was the problem just those annoying flys that seemed to take off loads of health.

Comment

Working...
                    X