Welcome to the NES Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the NES Club

Our another day and another console club to join, just picked up a mint UK NES, along with a couple of game.

I've have no intention of importing, but can I get a listed of good games UK to pick up. Please don't mention Mario, Megaman, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Gargoyles Quest 2, Metroid or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Oh and does anyone know which I can get hold of the french scart lead for the NES? As I don't fancy RGB modding it!

RC pro am

One of the best racers ever.

Would also recommend Castlevania and Punch Out.

Comment

Here are a few to check out:

Low G Man
      Probotector
      Rad Gravity
      Life Force
      Castlevania III
      Batman
      Shadow Warriors I & II
      Captain Skyhawk

None of 'em should break the bank. Have fun!

Comment

Some of the games I have, enjoy and play on occasionally (Excluding some previously mentioned):

Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers
        Duck Tails
        A Boy & His Blob
        Double Dragon 1 & 2
        Excitebike
        Golf (Or NES Open)
        Track & Field 1 & 2.

Comment

Punchout is still seriously good after all these years, simply superb.

Comment

Here's my recommendations

Probotector (Contra)
            Street Gangs (River City Ransom)
            Super Life Force (Salamander)
            Rush 'n' Attack - Another run 'n' gun from Konami, like Contra but with knives. And commies.
            WWF Wrestlemania Challenge - A great laugh for two players and THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR! What more could you want?
            Solar Jetman
            Shadow Warriors
            (Ninja Gaiden)
            Spy Vs Spy - another great two player game.
            Rescue: The Embassy Mission - an interesting French take on the infamous SAS raid on the Iranian embassy, with a mixture of strategy, stealth and FPS(!) gameplay.

I just realised most of those are Konami titles. You really can't go wrong as far as Konami NES titles go.
            Last edited by MattyD; 06-09-2006, 18:25.

Comment

Life Force is the PAL version of Salamander, mate. The series is closely related to Gradius, mind you.

Comment

Bionic Commando, Battletoads, Adventures of Lolo, Cobra Triangle, New Zealand Story, Bubble Bobble (although not arcade perfect...well, probably one of the worst conversions), Faxanadu, Kabuki Quantum Fighter, Excitebyke, Ghost 'n' Goblins.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M
                  Oh and does anyone know which I can get hold of the french scart lead for the NES? As I don't fancy RGB modding it!
                  If you mean a French scart lead to use on a UK system.. as the French would say "C'est non possibleu!" (Its not possible).. the French system differs slightly inside, and from what I gathered its not "proper RGB" merely some sort of hashup to work on French tellys which mainly used peritel (scart to me and you) back then...

Best picture you'll get out of the UK NES is composite A/V or composite scart (both the same), the only way to get pure RGB is by taking a Playchoice-10 PPU and transplanting it onto the UK NES motherboard....

& guess what every NES owner wanting RGB is probably looking for right now... yeah the Playchoice-10

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky
                    Faxanadu
                    YES!

Comment

Cheers for the list so far guys.

Originally posted by chaoticjelly
                      Best picture you'll get out of the UK NES is composite A/V or composite scart (both the same)
                      Know where I can pick one up from?

Comment

I forgot to mention Star Wars (well hard) and Kirby's Dreamland!

Originally posted by Klatrymadon
                        Life Force is the PAL version of Salamander, mate. The series is closely related to Gradius, mind you.
                        My bad. Konami shmups had so many different names in different regions I get them all confuzzled >_<

Comment

My personal recommendations:-

Punch-Out!! - Already mentioned, make sure it's the version with Mike Tyson instead of Mr. Dream, of course!!
                          Blades Of Steel
                          Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones - probably the best of the three NES Double Dragon games, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD

My bad. Konami shmups had so many different names in different regions I get them all confuzzled >_<
                            Oh aye, it took me years to call Nemesis 'Gradius'. I think I prefer it now, though!

Definitely check out the FC version of Gradius II if you don't already have it. Lovely wee game.

Comment

Originally posted by chaoticjelly
                              If you mean a French scart lead to use on a UK system.. as the French would say "C'est non possibleu!" (Its not possible).. the French system differs slightly inside, and from what I gathered its not "proper RGB" merely some sort of hashup to work on French tellys which mainly used peritel (scart to me and you) back then...

Best picture you'll get out of the UK NES is composite A/V or composite scart (both the same), the only way to get pure RGB is by taking a Playchoice-10 PPU and transplanting it onto the UK NES motherboard....

& guess what every NES owner wanting RGB is probably looking for right now... yeah the Playchoice-10
                              And not only that, the best to pick up are the playchoice vs titles, as the colour match on the ppus off these boards are the best. Some of the others differ.

Comment

Working...
                              X