URGENT - Retro Game Footage Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT - Retro Game Footage Needed!

I need footage of OLD games in action, the more basic graphically the better. I need sports, racing, platform, RPG footage.

I also need to download it, so streamed footage (like they have on GameVideos.com) is no good.

Can anyone help?

I might be able to, but could you be a little more specific?

E.g. Is stuff from MAME / emus acceptable? You sure you want to download it - or rather do you want it on MiniDV/DVCAM/Digibeta tape? Clear screen grabs?/good quality?

Or for example - I still have footage of the P.C version of Hard Drivin' which I filmed wayback when with my dad's Video-8 camcorder when I was about 11!

PM me if you want.

Edit: Also, what are the actual timeframes involved?

Comment

How about Youtube? Can you download vids from that? Maybe you have to pay. You'll definitely find something useful, though, as it hosts clips and speed runs of games from every period and genre.

Comment

I need the clips today as I can only download them at work - my home connection is 56K

I need them in MPEG/AVI format, or thereabouts. Ideally I want the oldest footage possible, Atari 2600 or older!

YouTube is a no-no - my work connection blocks it

Comment

Use something like Keepvid.com . You can gather youtube/google video/whatever links, paste them into keepvid and it creates a download link for the flash video included on the page.

Once downloaded, go for something like a program called Super (free - no nortiness needed) which can convert the flash videos to avi or whatever.

Comment

That's an excellent idea - trouble is my connection at work completely blocks any YouTube/googlevideo links - they don't even run - so I dunno if that would work?

Comment

It doesn't have to run, just give it a go on any random vid.

You pass it a URL, it parses the page to find the source for the video and then presents the link. It may work, you'll just have to try. Depends whether they block by url or content or what.

Failing that there's always what was suggested above, emulating your legally owned roms and using something like fraps to capture it to a video.

Comment

Downloading FRAPS as we speak - this might just be what I need! Thanks matey!

Comment

Try here mate, has 1000's of arcade attract intro's, you'll need a torrent prog though i think,

Comment

Working...
                  X