SNK VS Capcom: Card Fighters Clash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNK VS Capcom: Card Fighters Clash

Am I right in believing that this is the very first collaboration between Capcom and SNK? I've done a fair amount of research that suggests it came out before the arcade and neo geo pocket match of the millenium, but if someone can give me some pointers I'd greatly appreciate it.

Yes, it was.

And a cracker it is too. There was only one or two months between CFC and MOTM iirc. It was close.
    Last edited by dataDave; 11-09-2006, 10:01.

Comment

Thanks Mr Fallows
      It's a bloody stunning game, so I thought we should give it some coverage

Comment

You should. SNK at their finest. They certainly went out with a bang.

I still class MOTM as one of the best 2D fighters ever.

Comment

It isn't the first collaboration between the two mate. The first was actually Capcom's first ever arcade board Vulgus, which was a collabo with SNK. As for the magical Card Fighters - it was probably the first game that was advertised as such, to be fair.

Do I win ?5?

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
            It isn't the first collaboration between the two mate. The first was actually Capcom's first ever arcade board Vulgus, which was a collabo with SNK. As for the magical Card Fighters - it was probably the first game that was advertised as such, to be fair.

Do I win ?5?
            Well done that bloke

Comment

Technically SNK handled the programming duties on Card Fighters, Capcom had very limited input. Same for MotM and the more recent SNK vs Capcom Chaos. Capcom Vs SNK 1 & 2 were both Capcom-programmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                Technically SNK handled the programming duties on Card Fighters, Capcom had very limited input. Same for MotM and the more recent SNK vs Capcom Chaos. Capcom Vs SNK 1 & 2 were both Capcom-programmed.
                I thought that was the case, you can see their input though. I don't think there's any company at the moment who's as aware of their back catalogue as Capcom is.

Comment

Indeed - finding old favourites was a huge draw for me in CFC. An amazingly enjoyable game. I spent an unbelievable amount of time playing through both the Capcom and SNK version.

A few years ago I even went as far as offering a chunk of money (triple figures) to several subbing/rom patch groups to get a full translation of the sequel. Never happened though.

Is that DS version still coming out?

Comment

Well there's a pretty good translation of the sequel on the net... I've been running it in my flash linker on the NGPC. And yes the DS version is still coming out, though some places are reporting it to be delayed until next year now.
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

But doesn't the translation only really have the menus translated? If not, then it must be relatively new.

Comment

Nope, it has pretty much every card translated, all the ingame text etc. Hmmm let me go check the filedate to see when it was out... it says end of 2001 here. Not sure if it ever got taken further.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

incidentally, does anyone know if the music that plays in joy joy land is from a SNK game? It sounds familiar, but not in the same way that the music from the lost worlds store is obviously from Forgotten Worlds

Comment

Just a guess based on you knowing the theme in the Capcom shop,

Joy Joy Kid?

Comment

Working...
                            X