That Mitchell and Webb Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Mitchell and Webb Look

Following on from the success of the radio show (and peep show obviously) the new BBC2 series launches tonight at 9.30pm (after Extras)

Watch live BBC TV channels, enjoy TV programmes you missed and view exclusive content on BBC iPlayer.

This sketch show could well become the new little britain. These guys crack me up, some of the sketches from the radio show such as the dirty old men snooker commentors and "imagine that" the show were guest experts have to imagine something unimaginable each week make me crack up laughing each time.

Make sure you don't miss it!!

I'm hoping this is good, but am not holding out much hope based on reviews of it and also their other work apart from Peep Show.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
      Following on from the success of the radio show (and peep show obviously) the new BBC2 series launches tonight at 9.30pm (after Extras)

Watch live BBC TV channels, enjoy TV programmes you missed and view exclusive content on BBC iPlayer.

This sketch show could well become the new little britain. These guys crack me up, some of the sketches from the radio show such as the dirty old men snooker commentors and "imagine that" the show were guest experts have to imagine something unimaginable each week make me crack up laughing each time.

Make sure you don't miss it!!
      Can't wait to see this personally - I downloaded their radio show last night from itunes and have been listening to it today - it's so funny. Be interesting to see if tonight's show is all new stuff or if like Little Britain it'll be the televised version of the radio show - either way, it's sure to be hilarious.

Mitchell and Webb are on tour soon - I have tickets to see them in December - v. excited as I love their brand of humour.

And may I be the first to say this on here - that's number-wang!!!

Dan

Comment

I want this to be hilarious, i loved peep show. Do not insult them by comparing them in anyway to that little britain trash..

Comment

Well, the Little Britain Radio show was excellent, that is irrefutable - so there It's just they didn't know when to stop after S1 of the TV show.

Besides, the only comparison that I made, if you were indeed talking to me, is that Little Britain lifted most of the material from their original radio show for their first TV series, and I suspect that is what Mitchell and Webb will have done - which is fine as their radio show was/is spectacular.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan
            Mitchell and Webb are on tour soon - I have tickets to see them in December - v. excited as I love their brand of humour.
            I already have tickets for 25th Oct for the cambridge date, gonna be great.

It's not fair to compare this to little britain as the humour is much more sophisticated in places. However before little britain really took off (I think it was a slow burner for many at first) it was brilliant and the radio show was excellent too. Anything gets spoilt when it reaches 'talking clintons card' levels of fame!!

THAT'S NUMBERWANG!!

Comment

Ok, just to clarify - I'm not comparing M&W comedic stylings to that of Little Britain, mmmkay

Moving on...Mitchell and Webb are great - Webb was just fantastic in the Smoking Room too

Comment

Also got tickets for the tour in November at Liverpool. Can't wait for tonights show. \o/

Comment

Watched it - loved it.

Superheroes, reluctant nazis and Sir Chicken Ceasar were class

Loved the pissed head snooker commentators too !

Comment

loved it,

ANGELIC HORDES!!

Comment

Peep Show's miles better. Miles and miles and miles better.

But...it will probably improve with time.

(I hope.)

Sir Chicken Caesar wasn't bad.

Comment

The writer's who weren't bothered about research for me please!

Swear I remember the deaths head SS stuff from something else they've done - was it in Peepshow? They are doing another series of that aren't they.

Class that it had Johnson in it as well. "Poor me... Poor me... Pour me another drink..."

Comment

I either didn?t get it or it was crap. The only bit that raised a smile was the replacement Albanian wife sketch.

Numberwang yuck! Not nearly as funny as Twizzle Stick (or whatever it was called) Adam and Joe did.

Oh, and the canned laughter; even more noticeable when people are laughing and it?s not even funny!

Comment

Crud overall, tho echo the sentiments above abould albanian wife and the Holmes thing, mildly entertaining moments.

Prolly still watch it evey week cause its on after Extras.

Comment

I thought it was on the whole quite good, it is basically the radio show word for word. Just wait til they do the Lord of the Rings political takeoff, piss funny

"Are we the baddies? After all we did design the uniform with skulls on it" LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X