Last Battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Battle

am i the only one that likes this game? I remember borrowing it off a friend many years ago and i couldn't stop playing it. its really simple, but for some reason stragely addictive, such a long game for an early megadrive game. shame about the translation and cuts. japanese version was hokuto no ken 2 which has headexploding and blood. shame.

Last Battle:

Hokuto no Ken 2:
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 18-09-2006, 16:07.

I think it's an oddly appealing game too. It's just a pity that it's so difficult and there doesn't seem to be any continues which is just plain wrong. Those maze sections are an absolute slog and I think it would have been a better game without them. The bosses are probably the coolest thing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle
      I think it's an oddly appealing game too. It's just a pity that it's so difficult and there doesn't seem to be any continues which is just plain wrong. Those maze sections are an absolute slog and I think it would have been a better game without them. The bosses are probably the coolest thing about it.
      i agree. the thing about it is, its nothing special to look at, it does have some big nice sprites though for a launch title. its just weirdly addictive, i cant explain why.

Comment

For sure it appeals to a ahem, certain clientel......obviously, I think its great.

Nice art on the Jap version, even better on the pal!

Gotta have one with the blood tho eh.

Prefer the Kung Fu, tho this does play better than Golden Fighter.

Comment

Ah Fist of the North Star...you've got to love it

So much gore 8) 8) 8)

Neil

Comment

I liked this quite a bit, too, though I had the Jap version. I always wondered why games mags slagged it off so much as it was pretty fun to play with decent sprites and fun gameplay, though it was undoubtedly pretty simplistic and irritating in parts. I assumed the PAL would be censored but not bloodless, which is why I never bothered with it.

Comment

Ah I have fond memories of this game.

Long back when I was too young to own a games console. my uncle had a Japanese MegaDrive and a few JPN games Truxton, Rainbow Islands. (Rainbow Islands was the first video game I ever played! What an start...), Toki (had no idea what is was called back then, JPN writing on the cover... and Last battle (again, didn't know what it was called back then).

Game is a pile of crap really, but it's damn good fun crap, the kind of game you know is crap but can still enjoy it and play it regardless and have a damn good time.

Comment

Fist Of The North Star!... its so **** its good!!

I remember when I was a young spunker, me and my mate going to buy a import MD game each with our long saved pocket money one weekend he bought that and I bought Rainbow Islands... how gutted was he.. we still played them both to death.. shame I never kept Rainbow Islands i'll fork out for it again one day

Comment

The music is mostly excellent too, I really like the map screen tune. It's quite subtle and laid back.

With a few tweaks it could have been decent, but the difficultly level is stupid, and the as previously mentioned those maze sections were created by someone who hates gamers.

Comment

If you liked this, you'll LOVE the Sega Ages release for the PS2. Only problem with it is that the update is too easy. However as a bonus you do get the Mark III version included.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV-UMNcRdg8

A rather crude video I made of the game.
                    Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 19-09-2006, 19:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak
                      If you liked this, you'll LOVE the Sega Ages release for the PS2. Only problem with it is that the update is too easy. However as a bonus you do get the Mark III version included.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV-UMNcRdg8

A rather crude video I made of the game.
                      And i thought Golden axe in the Ages range was ****...

Comment

Looks OK to me. If only they compiled another 'Sega Classics Collection' in PAL Land.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak
                          However as a bonus you do get the Mark III version included.
                          Which was modified slightly and released in the West as 'Black Belt'.

Comment

Working...
                          X