Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nights-Saturn:What am i supposed to be doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nights-Saturn:What am i supposed to be doing?

Just got the jpn saturn version of this and i amazed. One of the most beautiful games ive ever played alas due to lack of Nights knowledge i have no idea what im supposed to be doing?Whats the aim?What should i be looking out for etc etc In a nutshell how do i play this game? Sorry for being thick

Do you have the fat controller, its essential!

In a nutshell, youve gotta get as many off the blue ball things as poss and take them back to the start. To get higher points keep going round without going in the base, and do some twirly strick things with L & R.

Jeez its been too long since i played, it was one of my zen in the zone games of life, ids prolly suck at it now.

Comment

Pick up the blue orbs as mentioned and fly through all the rings, gates etc and keep the "chain" going as long as possible for big scores. Kill the bosses as fast as possible.

The boss sequences are awesome. Damn, I need to play this game again...

Yeah, the analogue controller is all-but essential. This game is the reason it came out.

Comment

Game is about Points and Score mate, to get that A rank... pure gameplay above all else.

You need to take 20 blue orbs to the huge capsule you'll run into on the stage (orb counter will turn red when you've met the required amount)... after that, get as many points as you can by collecting orbs, getting 'Link' chains and so-forth... but be back at the beginning before the time runs out.

Each stage has 4 different routes you do one after the other, each with their own rank. Your then taken to the boss.

The gameplay is a bit abstract, and may seem wierd to people used to the traditional 'meet mission objective to progress' style we see all the time now... it's primarily about your score.

It will take a while to really appriciate it, but it clicks... it's genius.

Comment

Thanks guys, thats made things clearer. Not got the analoge pad yet, will keep an eye out for a nice one. Cheers.

Comment

One more thing you might want to know is that the little guys in the levels (the Pians) will treat you differently depending on how you treat them. Now if you're just going for score you'll easily end up killing a bunch of them and probably mutating them too. Otherwise, help them out by hatching eggs.

How they feel about you dictates how the music plays.

Comment

The Christmas Nights disk is excellent as it not only alters the game on christmas day to a xmas theme, (genius huh) but also to other themes based on the calendar. I can guarantee many hours (read minutes) of mindless fun trying to think of annual holiday dates to input to see the results. Guardian heroes is still one of best best games for system and a top notch treasure game, it deserves a mention just for being brill (excellent article in Edge this month btw) along with a personal fav Burning rangers (ahh back when Sonic Team weren't crap)
              Last edited by Moblin; 25-09-2006, 13:24.

Comment

Christmas nights one of the best freebies ever

strangely i find using the analogue stick harder then with the d-pad

Comment

Working...
                X