Advance Console Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advance Console Entertainment

ACE on Carnaby Street has now closed - but he will re-open in another location shortly.

Best thing abut this is that I got all his spare stuff that built up over the years. I got multiples of:

PC Engine GT
    Jaguar
    PS1
    PS2
    MD2
    Mega CD
    NTSC N64
    And Dreamcasts
    Masses of PSUs and cables for all the machine you can think of!

I is happie I gonna fix this lot up, mod em and sell them on and then blow the money on drugs and weird clothes.

Let me know when you sell the PC engines.

Cheers

Comment

I have a GT here with a damaged screen

I could disconnect power to the screen, give the case an AV port (mini DIN) and make an RGB cable for it so you can play it on ya TV.

The PS1s I should be able to get going unless the drives are totally fuxxx0r3d, I'll chip em if I get them going properly.

The PS2s are gonna be spares - the only good thing I can get out of them is a working V5 motherboard.

The Mega CD is MINE! MINE!

Comment

You are such a pimp Saurian 8)

I love the fact that you even advertise the fact that you pimp

Comment

See the pimpin I got is in the blood! 8)

I'm talking PIMPIN since been PIMPIN since been PIMPIN since been PIMPIN since been PIMPIN!!1!111 ft:

Comment

That reminded me. That git in ACE, had a PC Engine GT of mine a few years back. It didn't work and I could see that the screen was buggered and he said the screens buggered and it's ?25 for me to get it back. Despite me asking for a report on what work he had done, he refused to give it back to me unless I gave him ?25.

Probably why he built up load of knackered consoles...

Comment

Anyone know where ace moved to or have the new contact number for them?? Thanks

Comment

Ahh happy memories of Ace.

Total rip off merchants really but fun times nonetheless. Did me a nice RGB modded Jap N64 that I've got all boxed up. And still rmember my first glance of Ridge Racer there on their psx.

Comment

I used to go in there every week back in the day and talk about games. I never bought much though- far to expensive!

The machines were rigged-up to only allow about 30seconds of play, which was pure evil imo and pointless.

I had my Saturn modded with all the switches, but for some reason it all went wrong a few years ago

Comment

Ahh, ACE.

They chipped my first PS1 for me many moons ago.

I also use to buy stuff off them when they were based near Regents Park.

Comment

Lots of import shops from back in the days have invariably shutdown. It's all about the internet nowadays

Comment

Shekhana Wood Green is still there.

Not sure how much import stuff they have though. Probably all mobile phones now!

(Long live this thread)

Comment

ACE were expensive, but cleaner than CEX at Rathbone. I bought a US N64, with RGB mod,from them. Good conversion but it suffered from the dreaded screen flicker. Why didn't NCL include RGB on the unit? Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanuts
                            I bought a US N64, with RGB mod,from them. Good conversion but it suffered from the dreaded screen flicker.
                            Mine has only recently started to do this. Modded my other one using the 3-wire mod and the screen's totally stable but a bit dark so I either have to build a booster for it or I'll open the other one and see how that's connected, coz the brightness is great but there's that damn flicker!

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                              That reminded me. That git in ACE, had a PC Engine GT of mine a few years back. It didn't work and I could see that the screen was buggered and he said the screens buggered and it's ?25 for me to get it back. Despite me asking for a report on what work he had done, he refused to give it back to me unless I gave him ?25.

Probably why he built up load of knackered consoles...
                              He did that with my friends Supergun as well, took it in for repairs, said he couldn't do anything but wouldn't give it back without a charge.

Comment

Working...
                              X