Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you park yours ?

Originally posted by camps
    7. Comfy position ---- regardless of where you play your consoles you need to be seated in comfort, even if its just a bean-bag on the floor
    This from Camps Essential Pieces of Kit thread got me thinking - what do you guys use to park your arses on when playing games ?

(Ok, I could have used the thread to ask this but I'm sure it'd much rather be reserved for `technical` discussion rather than the lot of us talking about our backsides)

Me, I have a two seater settee, great for solo play where you can sprawl out on it, and great for multi-play too. One additional person in a seat, plus one on each of the arm rests.

It works as an incentive thing - the better you play, the more you get to sit on a comfy seats and not the wooden arms.

Funny how a large bit of wood jabbing into your arse cheeks will force you to do that little bit better

I drape my duvet over the back of my bed and have a sleeping bag folded in half over a PIU mat. The TV is on the floor (still need to buy some furniture for it but i'm poor). I just sit cross legged on the sleeping bag and lean against the back of the bed.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

I have to sit on the floor to play unfortunately. After doing it for 15 years, I'm used to it, but when friends are over I'll make concessions and move furniture round.

Problem is the layout of the lounge where the current 3 are set up means that the chairs are too far away for the leads to reach comfortably.

The only exception is GC where the Wavebird has been a godsend.

Comment

If I'm using a joypad I'm sprawled over a 3-seater sofa.

If i'm using an arcade stick, I sit on the floor with a cushion on my knees - the stick is placed half on the cushion so it's angled slightly towards me...

Quite comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          I have to sit on the floor to play unfortunately
          I'm hearing that

Before I moved from living with my parents I was forced to sit on the floor of my bedroom only 20 or so inches away from my portable TV, wedged between the entertainment unit and the bed

Even a pillow or two for my back and behind wasn't enought to stop me from feeling like I'd had a stroke after a marathon gaming session

I hate to think what my spines going to be like when I get older

Comment

Well i usually just get under my covers.With the wave bird this is made even easier.Or sometimes I find my self in weird postions when playing not even knowing how i got there.
            It all depnds on what game i am playing.

Comment

Sat on the floor, about 2-3feet from the screen.

I don't half get some pins and needles. I'll prolly have to invest in a new beanbag.

Comment

A very interesting topic?

Hope that makes sense.
                I know what u mean Mr. It is very hard to desribe a sitting area so others can imagine it. I shall try. Please bear with me...

My TV and consoles/games are in my bedroom that is a converted loft. Recently I have been playing while surrounded by pillows, cushions and sheets crammed into one big mass in the bottom of my built in wooden sofa (it is made out of wood, therefore utterly uncomfortable to sit on, thus I lay on the floor using its front to rest my back)

It is very hard to describe, but it has become my ideal lying area while playing games. There is a slight piece of wooden border emerging from the floor about 1 meter from the wooden sofa where I lay. This perfect to rest my arms or place bowls with sweets and food etc while in a deep gaming session where I couldn?t possibly move. Also ideal to position a nice cup of tea

Better still is that there is no light glaring from any sun or artificial light and in the dark it is the perfect creepy atmosphere for playing games like Eternal Darkness and RE. Also as it is in the loft no sounds from down stairs can be heard and I am free to totally lose myself in the world placed before me?okay, I?m scaring myself now :S

Anyhoo? if for whatever reason I decide not to lie on the mass of cushions etc I sit quite comfortably on my cream folded canvas chair that matches my room scheme perfectly.

But the most significant thing of all... is that my cat is sitting with me
                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                  A very interesting topic…

Hope that makes sense.
                  I know what u mean Mr. It is very hard to desribe a sitting area so others can imagine it. I shall try. Please bear with me...

My TV and consoles/games are in my bedroom that is a converted loft. Recently I have been playing while surrounded by pillows, cushions and sheets crammed into one big mass in the bottom of my built in wooden sofa (it is made out of wood, therefore utterly uncomfortable to sit on, thus I lay on the floor using its front to rest my back)

It is very hard to describe, but it has become my ideal lying area while playing games. There is a slight piece of wooden border emerging from the floor about 1 meter from the wooden sofa where I lay. This perfect to rest my arms or place bowls with sweets and food etc while in a deep gaming session where I couldn’t possibly move. Also ideal to position a nice cup of tea

Better still is that there is no light glaring from any sun or artificial light and in the dark it is the perfect creepy atmosphere for playing games like Eternal Darkness and RE. Also as it is in the loft no sounds from down stairs can be heard and I am free to totally lose myself in the world placed before me…okay, I’m scaring myself now :S

Anyhoo… if for whatever reason I decide not to lie on the mass of cushions etc I sit quite comfortably on my cream folded canvas chair that matches my room scheme perfectly.

But the most significant thing of all... is that my cat is sitting with me
                  That my fried sound sliek a very coftable gaming area. And the cat really must add to the over all comfort fatcor.A nice soft fat cat as a pillow ,also your room sounds very good for playing a gbasp in with it's pitch darkness and all.
                  However i wouldn't bother with the resi and the dark room as i am a very big wimp. I mean i couldn't even sit through luigis mansion in the dark.

Comment

i sit on my chair that i use when i'm on my pc. its a nice and padded can sit on it for hours

i cant sit on the floor as my tv is abit high up

Comment

Thanks to the wonders of Wavebird I sit opposite my TV Cabinet on my bed against the wall with pillows behind my back.

Comment

I sit on my bed about 2 feet away from the TV (opposite)
                        And i always sit cross legged, almost lotus position, with one leg on top of the other.
                        Sounds a bit weird, but its comfortable to me.
                        If i'm using a joystick i need to sit on the floor, so the sticks at the right height, cant have it on my lap cos its too high.

Comment

I sit on my double matress, which is on the floor, duvet against the wall to lean on, facing my nice 29 inch TV Got the surround souns speakers hooked up either side, so its pretty lush.

Comment

I feel positively blessed with my nice sized Sony TV and a three-seater couch not dissimilar to the one off of The Royle Family tv show. Some curvature of the spine is helpful as the required position is body parallel to floor with head slightly raised. Fourth player can get the rocking chair.

Comment

I lie back in my leather chair with the Wavebird above my head or in some other bizarre position and squint at my 14" TV set.

Comment

Working...
                              X