Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood

Starting at 9pm on BBC3.

It's the 'adult' Dr Who, and is a double episode to start.

I'll be checking it out hopefully it wont be as dodgy and low budget as the adverts seem to make it look.

Comment

Cheers. I forgot about this. Not expecting much. The trailer they were showing on BBC made Doctor Who seem like it had a high budget. :P

Comment

I'm not keen on the swearing.

Comment

Swearing? lol

Comment

I like it alot a few points

1) Gwen is stunning
            2) I would be shagged to death by the girl in the second ep quite happly
            3) Will Russell T Davis be spreading himself to thinly ?

Comment

Well that was pretty lame

It's basically Dr Who without the charm, but with added forced swearing and 'adult themes'. And a tin of red paint for the gore.

If they wanted to create a darker more edgey Dr Who, then having an alien who ****s people to death isn't the right way to begin. It did show glimpses of hope, but for the most part it was too desperate.

Perhaps I've been spoilt by American drama?

Comment

Wasn't impressed. Just get Captain Jack back in Doctor Who, please.

Doesn't help that Torchwood in this is so much different to the various glimpses we've had in Who.

Comment

It has potential but I thought the second episode was crap. Gwen was good and I think the group as a whole will work well together but I think they need more original ideas (how many times have we seen sex aliens now?) and to not seem so forced with the darker tone.

Comment

How bad was this swearing then? We're they cussing up good, "alien mother****ers!" or just "damn you bloody alien sod git" kind of crap?

Comment

The swearing isn't too frequent and I think ****ing was the harshest it got, it just seems odd hearing a Who show with swearing.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                        The swearing isn't too frequent and I think ****ing was the harshest it got, it just seems odd hearing a Who show with swearing.
                        I agree, I'm all up for a bit of swearing, but it really seemed out of place in this show. It really wasn't needed.

Comment

I quite enjoyed it but agree the adult stuff felt forced and really not needed. I was almost shocked at some of the stuff in the 2nd episode, especially the security guard watching the CCTV footage in the nightclub. This from a Doctor Who spin off..!!?

But entertaining enough and nice to be rid of the childish fart jokes and other rubbish from Doctor Who. Looked nice enough on BBC HD too.

Comment

Im in two minds over this one, I hated the new Dr Whos but I found this not too bad, maybe given time it will become pretty good, the first episode had some good ideas

Just such a shame I cant take the cardiff accent series, its like fireman sam starring in war of the worlds.

Comment

I thought this was poor, mind have become bored of the new Doctor Who's tbh. Swearing etc totally uneeded, just the Beeb trying to appeal to the older viewer, and failing imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X