Mercedes Benz World Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercedes Benz World Racing

i have already posted my initial impressions but this game really deserves its own thread

checking other forums and the developers have posted tips on how to set up your game

Hi folks

In some other forums the question cam up how to get from Sim to Arc...I thought you might be interested too.

1.) Torque

2.) Wind resistance

3.) Road Grip

4.) Tyre slip

5.) Centre of gravity

1.) Torque:
    At 100% sim the cars display the original torque from Mercedes-Benz.
    At 100% arcade these are increased by 20%
    An A210 EVO at 100% sim can travel at approx. 204 km/h (203 km/h original) and at 100% arcade 255 km/h(!). Instead of the reality of achieving 100 km/h in 8.8 seconds, in arcade mode this can be achieved in just 6.3 seconds.

2.) Wind resistance:
    You experience the original wind resistance at 100% sim, but this is reduced to 0 in 100% arcade. In between, the wind resitance is reduced accordingly.

3.) Road Grip:
    At 100% sim the original transverse acceleration is used plus approx. 10%.
    At 100% arcade this value is raised to a maximum of a factor of 2.5.
    The A210 EVO would then have the grip of a CLK GTR.

4.) Tyre Slip:
    The tyre slip is responsible for the wheels sliding in the corners and this therefore has a direct relation to the grip. If you set the game to 100% arcade, it?s like driving the G model with low profile, sports tyres. The response is therefore better, but the margin for error is lower.

5.) Centre of Gravity
    This is clearly lower in 100% arcade mode than in sim, but I don?t have the values to mind. Again the response is therefore better and the margin for error is lowered.

All things considered, the sim mode is easier at the beginning, than in the other levels, due to the more even handling. Later on, with the faster cars, you won?t notice the difference so clearly.

For people who break on the corners, the ABS is a must. Racing game fanatics, however, should probably turn it off, as they are used to breaking before the corner, so that they can better "prepare" the car for drifting.

Our ASR controls the grip even in the curves. Therefore it more like it is combined with an ESP. So anyone who drifts too often in the cars, should leave the ASR on. Obviously despite this the cars still slide, but they don?t suffer an additional push from the engine.

The very slow cars at the beginning should help you to get used to the driving style. However in the professional mode there are more powerful cars. Your learning curve will gradually enable you to master the 300PS and higher monsters. The first mission with the rear wheel drive motor will show you what I mean.

I always set it to 50/50, so that the cars are simply a little more agile. You will quickly get used to the handling so that you can precisely control your drifts and under steering.
    taken from edge forums

[/b]

Comment

Cars:
      109 cars of Mercedes Benz, 38 different models.

-Prototypes:
      Only recent prototypes and none which are designed for coming models.
      This should be the car list:

A 160 CDI
      A 170 CDI
      A 140
      A 160
      A 190
      C 200 CDI
      C 220 CDI
      C 270 CDI
      C 180 Kompressor
      C 200 Kompressor
      C 240
      C 320
      C 32 AMG
      C 200 T CDI
      C 220 T CDI
      C 270 T CDI
      C 180 T Kompressor
      C 200 T Kompressor
      C 240 T
      C 320 T
      C 32 T AMG
      C 220 SC CDI
      C 180 SC Kompressor
      C 200 SC Kompressor
      C 230 SC Kompressor
      E 200 CDI
      E 220 CDI
      E 270 CDI
      E 320 CDI
      E 200 Kompressor
      E 240
      E 280
      E 280 4MATIC
      E 320
      E 320 4MATIC
      E 430
      E 430 4MATIC
      E 55 AMG
      E 220 T CDI
      E 270 T CDI
      E 320 T CDI
      E 200 T Kompressor
      E 240 T
      E 280 T
      E 280 T 4MATIC
      E 320 T
      E 320 T 4MATIC
      E 430 T
      E 430 T 4MATIC
      E 55 T AMG
      S 320 CDI
      S 400 CDI
      S 320
      S 430
      S 500
      S 600
      S 55 AMG
      CL 500
      CL 600
      CL 55 AMG
      SL 500
      SL 55 AMG
      SLK 200 Kompressor
      SLK 230 Kompressor
      SLK 320
      SLK 32 AMG
      CLK 200 Kompressor
      CLK 230 Kompressor
      CLK 320
      CLK 430
      CLK 55 AMG
      CLK 200 'C' Kompressor
      CLK 230 'C' Kompressor
      CLK 320 'C'
      CLK 430 'C'
      ML 270 CDI
      ML 320
      ML 430
      ML 55 AMG
      G 320
      G 500
      G 400 CDI
      300 SL 'Gullwing'
      C 111
      SL 73 AMG
      CLK GTR 1998
      C 112
      W 154
      A 230 K Testwagen
      C 32 SC AMG
      C 112 Testwagen
      CLK DTM Testwagen
      G 55 AMG
      W 125
      W 196
      300 SL Roadster
      CLK DTM 2000
      A 210 Evolution
      CLK 200 CGI
      ML 500
      ML 400 CDI
      G 270 CDI
      A 190 TWIN
      SL 280 'Pagode'
      E 55 AMG Testwagen
      C-Klasse Gruppe A DTM
      A 210 Evo Testwagen
      CLK GTR Testwagen
      W 125 Testwagen

Comment

- Tracks:
        117 tracks in 7 different scenarios all over the world.
        Altogether ~300 km of tracks.

- A testcenter with 8 racetracks (including a highspeed curved bank)

- 3 offroad tracks

- other testtracks for missionmode

- Japan, around Mt. Fuji including native style buildings and scenario

- Mexico,with a adventure park, jungle, village, river,....

-Town scenario with mountain slopes in a mountainous environment, skyscrapers
        ( virtually height 300 meter ) like a big typical US city, bridges, 3D people at the street, harbour, etc.

-Alps scenario, with valleys and mountains.
        Perfect for hill racing.
        More difficult to drive because of narrow serpentines.
        Looks like Austria, Swiss or Bavaria (Germany) with native style villages.

- Nevada USA with Area 51, a giant UFO, flyig Stealthbomber, the Hoover dam.

- Australia, with lots of ships and waterski...

Game modes:
        Singleplayer-career, test races, single races, multiplayer with up to 4 player (for example offroad checkpoint races).

-Career mode:
        Take part in championships and try to be the best of your team.
        You will receive points for your driving styles which will increase the fame of your team.
        Ramming and cutting off other cars, taking shortcuts or clean driving affect your amount of points which will result in a total score.

-Missions:
        While playing championship you can unlock bonus missions which you can accept, but you don`t had to.
        There is a total of 48 missions.
        Could be advertising for MB, presenting a M class to the SAR or bring your boss as fast as possible to a desired location.
        Those mission are often played with special cars and not the stock one.
        For example, beat the world record of the W125 (433 km/h).

To ascend in the league, you got to collect positive points with clean overtaking, good slides etc.
        Points will be subtracted for taking shortcuts, unfair driving.
        A good race result won`t guarantee you a good position in the league ladder.

Weather effects:
        Fog, rain, different daytimes, lights in the tunnels, length of the shadows depend on the sun position.

Damage model:
        A morphing damage model which depends on the speed and angle.
        Damage will affect driving.
        No scratches or dirt on the cars.

Duration:
        At least 40 hours.

Difficulty:
        6 car field.
        The AI reacts on your driving abilities.
        If you are good and drive fast, the AI will be good too.
        If you are slow, the AI will also drive slower.
        At the end of the race the game will set the AI performance for the next race.
        Or you set the difficulty to a fixed level between 40-100%.
        The AI will use the same settings which you have selected.
        For hardcore gamers there is evena 100-110% setting.
        In these difficulty setting the AI will have for example the advantage of less tyre slip etc.

Animations:
        Jumbo?s, choppers, Cessna?s, B52 bombers are flying over the scenario while racing.
        When racing in Nevada you will see flying saucers, or birds.
        At race tracks near the water you will see ships and waterskis moving on the surface (pixelshade water)
        Huge containerships and cranes are moving in realtime etc which make you think you are driving through a living environment.

Sound:
        Should be a mix of different styles.
        And you can use your own soundtrack.
        And there is no intermission playback when loading and no interrupted music while canceling a race, leaving menus etc.

Cam views:
        Every car has a authentic ****pit and you can freely look around while driving!
        Cruising and sightseeing.
        And of course the usual view.

Impression of speed:
        Should work like in reality - if you got a long distance view it will feel slower, but if you got nearby objects like trees, it will feel faster.

Handling:
        MBWR has a slider which allows you to freely adjust the handling between arcade and 100% simulation - even in a race.
        Electronic aids can be turned on and off.

Xbox Live:

There is NO Xbox Live support! And adding it now would take much too long (when Synetic started to program, there was no idea of xbox live).
        Supplemental patch? Nothing is sure.

Framerate:
        framerate between 40-60 fps some slowdowns. Some realize it some dont.

Multiplayer:
        Only 4 Player splitscreen.

Maps of the landscapes :

Comment

You gonna post your on-going impression here? I've read quite a few threads on this (mainly on Edge forum) but it has been so hard to say whether it is worth the purchase or not - bunch of moaning old biddies It does sound very good from the developer comments and from your initial impressions. I let this one pass me by though, so.... let us know

Cheers!

Comment

yeah i will keep this thread updated

upto now its a case of loving it and hating it in equal measures - handling takes a while to 'click' - i kept locking my wheels when braking and sliding into buildings but then i started getting used to the powersliding and absolutely throwing it around corners (i am in Arcade mode btw)

Comment

oh yeah

menus are some of the most confusing ever built -- figuring it all out has been one hell of a ball breaker

camps

Comment

12mb official movie showing a mercedes getting thrown about the test track

fear the doughnuts

Comment

You gonna post your on-going impression here? I've read quite a few threads on this (mainly on Edge forum) but it has been so hard to say whether it is worth the purchase or not - bunch of moaning old biddies It does sound very good from the developer comments and from your initial impressions. I let this one pass me by though, so.... let us know
                  I would say it's well worth a purchase, it's by far one of the best racing available right now. Not only does it deliver on the visuals front, but the handling and physics are also top notch too, something which Racing Evoluzione unfortunately lacks.

Comment

I saw the trailer and i must say it looks awsome , with the smokin tire effects. But its only mercs , how ever i will check back here to see the impressions.

Comment

Shame it aint got XBOX live support though

Comment

All right guys, thanks for the feedback. RE and TIR were both let downs, in my opinion so I kind let that affect my purchasing decision on this game

I'm gonna go pick it up though, especially after watching that vid.

Comment

starts off very slowly - first couple of motors you get a sheer bricks but they start speeding up nicely after about an hours play

also the collision detection on roadside objects, other motors is good but none existant for trees and ships (yes ships)... there is waypoint races which you can cheat on by not dodging the trees since you can drive through them

camps

Comment

Working...
                          X