Will there ever be an Alien 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there ever be an Alien 5?

I seem to recall a short while after resurrection, that a fifth and final film was planned.

It was to take place on Earth, with the Aliens finally getting to the planet, and basically causing havok. Obviously.. Ripley was going to save the day again, and we'd all be happy!

AVP is a pile of low grade garbage, an insult to all Aliens fans, and an example of 21st Century cinema at its worst.

Before Sigourney is too old to finish the series, please tell me my wish might come true??

All info and opinions appreciated!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 21-11-2006, 22:29.

I think Cameron distanced himself from the Aliens franchise after Anderson cocked it up with AVP (though I think Alien Resurrection is a worse film). Not sure on Ridley Scott's position.

Only those two directors would really bring the series back on track imo.

Comment

Ripley shouldn't be in the series any more anyway, she's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
        Ripley shouldn't be in the series any more anyway, she's dead.
        It's sci-fi, it's the far future... anything goes!

I really like resurrection. Not as much as Aliens, but it is far better than nearly all other sci-fi films made in the past 15years.

Alien 3 is good too. Not what people really wanted, but it's still ambient and well acted.

I really want no5, because the series needs a conclusion, an end!

Sigourney isn't getting any younger, someone needs get working on it. Be it Cameron, Ridley, or someone else, I just want a decent finale to my favourite sci-fi series!

Edit: People need to forget about AVP, or see it as a different franchise. It is a pile of garbage no doubt, so Cameron or Ridley should want revenge by creating another true quality Alien film.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 21-11-2006, 22:33.

Comment

Please god no! alien 3 tied it up nicely, let sleeping dogs lie.

Comment

Where the hell are the Alien fans? I mean the people who love the series as their favourite films ever?

It was always supposed to end with Ripley getting back to Earth. Alien was set in deep space, Aliens was set in human colonised space, and Alien3 I assume was set closer to Earth.

I always got the impression Ripley was gradually moving towards a home-coming in every movie. It was the Aliens getting in her way that prevented her getting to Earth.

Despite what anyone thinks of Resurrection, Ripley was back, and therefore the story should continue.

I heard years ago that a script was ready to go, and that it involved Ripley back on Earth, with the Aliens finally making it there too.

It would be the perfect end. Through all the hell of deep space, she finally gets home, has to fight the Aliens one last time, save the Earth, and basically walk into the sunset at the end!

I would love this to happen, and feel satisfied the series had ended in a fitting way.

AVP is a film I'd rather wipe from my memory, it has no right to exist, but like a pile of decaying garbage it will be plague the planet for ever more.

Someone with guts, lots of ambition, and imagination, needs to get Sigourney and make the ultimate conclusion to the Alien series. It has to happen, or like Red Dwarf fans ( I'm one of those too! ) ... Alien fans may never feel truely content with the series!
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 22-11-2006, 00:58.

Comment

as much as i would truly adore an aliens film set on earth, i fear there is nobody out there who could EVER do the idea justice. unless the xenomorph's visit is a contained one (underground army base or similar) there's no chance of anyone pulling it off. a 'hive earth' situation is just bigger than anyone, no matter how cool it sounds in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper
                as much as i would truly adore an aliens film set on earth, i fear there is nobody out there who could EVER do the idea justice. unless the xenomorph's visit is a contained one (underground army base or similar) there's no chance of anyone pulling it off. a 'hive earth' situation is just bigger than anyone, no matter how cool it sounds in my head.
                What about a whole amarda of those giant Alien filled ships from Alien, appearing in Earth orbit and then sending crafts down to colonise the Earth.

Maybe it could have Ripley on route to Earth, only to witness the spectacle in orbit, and then getting caught-up with the government/military because she knows so much etc...

There would have to be some strong characters to support her. Maybe a group of Bishops could appear, and help her?

There are many possibilites. The obvious being the company had taken an Alien back to earth, and things had got out of control.

Whatever the scenario, it could be brilliant. A good director and high budget is a must though!

Comment

it has the makings of the best action film ever... but it never will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper
                    it has the makings of the best action film ever... but it never will be.
                    With all the depressing crap Hollywood keep churning out, I think they should actually put all the money into something worthwhile.

Alien5 would be a sure-fire hit, no doubt about it. Nearly everyone likes the movies, even the biggest romcom addicted girls I know.

Cameron or Ridley need to step-up and use their power. Maybe they could work together? That would surely send the hype factor into orbit!

Sigourney is nearly too old I think. Please someone have mercy!
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 22-11-2006, 01:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                      I think Cameron distanced himself from the Aliens franchise after Anderson cocked it up with AVP (though I think Alien Resurrection is a worse film). Not sure on Ridley Scott's position.

Only those two directors would really bring the series back on track imo.
                      If Cameron is bothered about AVP, then he has no guts.

AVP is a joke, something worth forgetting, like some dodgy remake of a classic film etc...

Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Resurrection, I don't think AVP is part of the series.

Alien5 needs to be made. Maybe there are plans? I hope so!

Comment

Please no, other than the simple fact that Alien 3 tied up the 'trillogy' perfectly and that Resurrection should never had been, noone could ever do a fifth film justice.

I would love another decent film set in the alien universe, although not with Ripley, something different, a new story arch. That said, I would hate for that film to be made right now as in its current state I feel Hollywood would just destroy it. I'd rather they just let it be, Resurrection was bad enough.

Comment

I disagree w/ anyone who says AR should have never happened.
                          I thought it was a really cool unique film and much better than the stale Alien3. So Ripley was not herself anymore and instead a clone- so what?
                          I thought that just made the whole thing more tragic but also could be seen as a metaphor for how strong a soul Ripley had.

The series was all about getting back to earth, and by the end of AR she had just about made it. I thought the ending to AR was basically a screaming confirmation that the final film would happen in the none too distant future.
                          I would love to see a final film to bring the story to an end.
                          To see Ripley finally get home and a happy ending.

She already died and came back as a clone, what other reason would this be for unless it was to eventually make it home.

I don?t know what year it was by the end of AR but it would be awesome to see a futuristic earth set in the Alien universe. Earth would be the ultimate destination for one last Ripley Vs Alien slugfest, to finally see an Alien film in the context of a setting that we understand would be unreal.

As for the AVP franchise, which in case some of you don?t know the second film comes out in 07,

It is just that- a separate franchise.
                          I did not think AVP was particularly great or even comparable in terms of quality to any of the Alien or Predator films, but it was a different beast.
                          If you think of it as a modern monster movie in the style of a 1950?s B-movie/popcorn flick I think it is pretty cool. To finally see the two meanest onscreen intergalactic beasties face off.

I have to say, although I would love to see/hope the final Alien film happens.
                          I would like to see a 3rd Predator film even more, as always liked the Predator more.

Last edited by DANGEROUS; 22-11-2006, 03:59.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS
                            If you think of it as a modern monster movie in the style of a 1950?s B-movie/popcorn flick I think it is pretty cool. To finally see the two meanest onscreen intergalactic beasties face off.
                            Hmmm...a 50s b-movie? Okay.

No. It's still ****.

AvP is **** in so many ways that I reckon thinking of it as 'a piece of ****' is the only way that it can possibly meet expectations.

While I find enjoyable elements in both A3 and AR, the series should have died after Aliens. Two films that good in different ways seemed too tough to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy!
                              Where the hell are the Alien fans? I mean the people who love the series as their favourite films ever?

It was always supposed to end with Ripley getting back to Earth. Alien was set in deep space, Aliens was set in human colonised space, and Alien3 I assume was set closer to Earth.
                              Huh? Was it hell...it was always about trying to get the **** away from aliens. If you remember, she wasn't getting any closer to Earth in Aliens as she went back to the planet that started it all in first film! If she was wanting to get back to Earth then she was heading in the wrong direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X