Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Trillian proxy server settings please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Trillian proxy server settings please.

Hi all.

I'm trying to set up Trillian at work mainly for IRC, and as ports 6667-6669 (at least) are blocked, I need to use a proxy server to connect.

I'm on the net through the works LAN effort, and having absolutely no access to any password details or connection options and gubbins means I'm pretty much stuffed if things don't work with default settings. If it's any help whatsoever, Msn Messenger works fine for me through the connection at work.

So, if anyone knows some usefull proxy settings for me to try it would be much appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance,
    disco.

can you not run ipconfig, this will give you information about your network setup, this will help if you are on DHCP

or download and run hypertrace from www.analogx.com and run a trace to to any website, this will find its way out of your network and tell you the path it takes, you will be able to find your companies proxy server that way

Comment

Cheers for the reply, Podger, and I'll certainly check out the options you gave me. My problem has actually been sorted out for me by both Yashiro & Super Stu (props going out, guys).

Cheers anyway.

Comment

Awww shucks...
        Anytime Tomster.

Comment

Don't be too hasty mate, it still won't let me connect here at work. The little Java applet must still have to use port 6667 or something.

Question back open to the floor.

Now to try those hints podger gave me.

Comment

Working...
          X