Initial D - Times and Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial D - Times and Tips

the official thread for everyone to post their fastest laps.

please post in this format:...

list of track names

Myogi
    Usui
    Akagi
    Akina
    Happougahara
    Irohazaka
    Real Myogi
    Real Usui
    Syoumaru Pass
    Enna-Pass
    M-Pass

cheers

camps

if someone wants to give me all the track names i can update the first post accordingly

camps

Comment

Great, joining as soon I have my gears.

Question: -will this be the challenge for arcade mode or time attack mode or does it not matter?

Comment

doesn't matter - lap times will be similar in both imo

camps

Comment

Track names: (left to right on select screen)

Myogi Clockwise
          Myogi Anti-clockwise

Usui Clockwise
          Usui Anti-clockwise

Akagi Downhill
          Akagi Uphill

Akina Downhill
          Akina Uphill

Happougahara Downhill
          Happougahara Uphill

Irouhazaka Downhill
          Irouhazaka Uphill

Comment

Times will be similar but can be different if they have implemented slipstreaming, which they have. I think its best if you just say time attack.

Comment

slipstreaming is a skill which improves your laptimes - people who can't slipstream will suffer but that doesn't mean we should discount the times of those who can

camps

Comment

Pardon my ignorance but what is slipstreaming?

Comment

Slipstreaming is where a car runs close to its rival in front, benefiting from the hole in the air created by the car ahead and allowing it to accelerate faster in a pocket of reduced drag.

To be honest, unless you're racing on a superspeedway, oponents in front of you can only **** up your laptimes.

The mountain roads of Japan are as far from superspeedways as you'll ever get. As such I'd suggest doing this in time attack or else your times WILL suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
                    if it's the same thing as in F1 then when 2 cars are driving down a straight and one car is close behind the other car then that is slpistreaming(the wind slows down the car in front more than the one behind so the car behind goes faster and can take over.

Comment

edited - going to have to be final track times rather than individual laps since thats the format used on the leader boards

camps

Comment

Info: the Internet ranking separates tuned and normal cars/times.

Comment

Originally posted by mt50
                          Originally posted by Tokuda
                          if it's the same thing as in F1 then when 2 cars are driving down a straight and one car is close behind the other car then that is slpistreaming(the wind slows down the car in front more than the one behind so the car behind goes faster and can take over.
                          I dont know much about cars but I do watch F1 lol Anyways I once remember hearing the commentators saying that a car behind another car has problems because the air coming off the car in front becomes turbulant therefore its not great when it comes to hit the car behind. Well its only what I heard. But maybes thats just F1.

Comment

These posts will have to be deleted but I cannot resist.......
                            Whenever I can use my largely useless degree I take the opportunity!
                            When a car is going forward (in a straight line), there are two major forces: 1) "Drive" forward from the wheels
                            2) resistance from air and land (wheels)

1)D <------------/=====\------------> 2)R

You hit top speed when D = R
                            If you can make R smaller, than with the same D, you can go faster.
                            By driving right behind a car, you reduce R.

A spoiler makes a car stick to the road and works BECAUSE of resistance. Therefore, if there is less air resistance, the spoiler does less sticking so the car is less able to turn.
                            Hope this helps some of you understand. I found in GT3, for instance, once i understood why the car acted as it did, (weight balance and stuff) I did drive faster.

Comment

LOL

will leave this posts for a while for people to learn from

format to enter times is

Course (left or right) / Time / Car

so my first time in this format is

Myogi - left / 3.10.142 / Suzuki Capuccino

camps

Comment

Working...
                              X