Anyone else playing VF4 Evo.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else playing VF4 Evo.?

This game offers without question, the deepest fighting system in any videogame ever made! Its so deeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

I don`t expect a massive response to this thread, but I was just wondering whether anyone else here is training up on Evo.

I know Camps and Saurian are starting, but anyone else?

Which character are you training up with and what are your training methods (learning this games is a proper commitment!).

Anyway, I only just started today, but I`m finding it heavy going. Some of the moves aren`t too easy to execute. I like how Brad plays and thought about training him up, but I was finding it hard going so I`m probably going to stick with Lau for now.

I`m using training mode, and like how I trained up on Soul Calibur years ago, I`m dedicating myself to learning no more than 2 or 3 moves a day. Anyone trying to learn many more than this simply won`t get any better at this game.

I wish I could find an arcade with a VF4 evo machine in it, I'm stuck playing plain old VF4. I spend most of my time living in Brighton where the arcades are realy shizer. The new Sega Dome doesn't even have VF4 let alone evo. Its all geared towards tourists. Mother****ers.

Anyone from the Brighton area know a decent arcade?

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
      I wish I could find an arcade with a VF4 evo machine in it, I'm stuck playing plain old VF4. I spend most of my time living in Brighton where the arcades are realy shizer. The new Sega Dome doesn't even have VF4 let alone evo. Its all geared towards tourists. Mother****ers.

Brighton massive!

I`m from Brighton

Yeah, you`re right- the arcades are ****. You need to import VF4 Evo NOW and train up with your buddies.

Comment

I'm waiting on my copy to arrive, I love VF in all it's incarnations, I think I played VF3tb the most, but I loved the whole ranking/kumite system in VF4. I went of the PS2 version after stumbling across the VF4 cabinet in royals amusements in edinburgh, I never went back to the inferior ps2 port. Can't wait for Evo though!

Comment

So it VF4 Evo really worth getting if you already have VF4?

What are the main selling points?

Comment

Unfortunately with Evo, GGXX, SC2 and CvS2 Live all demanding my attention right now one of them had to be dropped. With a lack of Evo and GGXX aracde amchines round here it was going to be one of them and GGXX was cheaper.

I'll probably pick up Evo at some point in the future but for now its going to be SC2 all the way for my 3D fighting fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
              Heh, I'm from Brighton too ^^

Unfortunately .. been away for a long time. Do the Crystal Rooms still exist ?

S.

Comment

My copy arrived on Friday. Ive only fired it on for about 30mins so far so I can't really comment on the game yet.

First impressions are extremely positive when compared to the original PS2 release.

Comment

wait till you unlock the VF mode

Goh looks cool - though he isn't my character cos i think his moves are suckage

camps

Comment

Mine turned up Friday along with my Hori Stick. So, I'm gonna sit down and try to master Brad.

Looks and feels sharper than the previous iteration.

Comment

Man I want this game but as my us PS2 aint chippied I'm gonna have to wait for the US release. I still regulary have intense VF4 challenge sessions on the PS2 and sometimes have a few challenges on EVO arcade.
                      This game offers without question, the deepest fighting system in any videogame ever made! Its so deeeeeeeeeeeeeep!
                      I have to agree after a phat session this weekend which left my brain pounding! There's just soo much that goes into mastering even just one character. Right now I training up Wolf, Shun and Aoi.

Comment

Originally posted by optimusomega
                        a phat session this weekend which left my brain pounding! There's just soo much that goes into mastering even just one character. Right now I training up Wolf, Shun and Aoi.
                        I`m prinicipally a Soul Calibur player (tournament standard) but without question, this game offers a far deeper fighting system. Soul Calibur is SICK, but this is ****ing EVIL!

Camps- Goh is a heavy character- one of the more diffficult characters to master. He takes a fair bit more practice than some of the other characters to master from what I can see and what some of my mates are telling me. I`ve seen some really sick Goh players down the arcade.

In fact, I`ve seen digustingly deep players using just about every character. The real disgusting experts tend to use either Akira (most common among experts), Aoi, Lion and the (actually) heavy characters- Jeffrey and Wolf.

Comment

Quite possibly the best in the series. And I wouldnt say that lightly. Ive never played any beat-em-up for 3hrs straight before.
                          Sega are on one hell of a roll.
                          Best game on PS2 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls
                            Best game on PS2 IMO.
                            I`d second that.

I`ve now decided to leave Lau and move onto Wolf, as I like his style and his heavy and lethal throws. Lau is a bit weak on the throws front, and his style just doesn`t suit me. I`m finding that Wolf is the easiest player for me to get to grips with move wise out of the characters I`ve tried (learning Akira is a mission!).

Comment

Ive had this game for a few days now and i have to admit that i have never been a big virtua fighter fan and when i brought VF4 i only ever played it casually.

But DAMN my interest in this series has changed and have been playing it alot over the last few days, and like tokuda said the game is very deep and i believe has a pretty high learning curve. When i first turned the game on i headed straight for the new characters straight away, i liked the style of brad and have never turned back. I started to train up in the training with the command feature but i soon realised that this was a little Intimidating. I then decided to visit virtuafighter.com and have learnt alot of moves and tactics there

Since then i have been playing quest mode alot and have been enjoying it quite alot(having trouble with some of the menus though), now and again i have also been visiting training mode to touch up some of my moves.

At this stage i think i am becoming quite good with brad but its that all my mates and my brother are quite poor and i just cant see if i am improving or not

oh well no worries the CPU will have to do, back to the game

Comment

Working...
                              X