Glasgow - Halo on Imax??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glasgow - Halo on Imax??

The Glasgow Science Centre has begun holding Xbox gaming nights every Thursday from 7pm to 10pm and all games are being played on 5m X 7m projection screens.

It has also been suggested that if the event is a success then the final match could be played on the 80ft Imax screen. Can you imagine it?
    The Master Chief on an 80ft screen and you helping kick another team's butt as you gape in awe!!

They are having knockout tournaments, individual and team games and the winners take away prizes including ?20 off games vouchers and other prizes.
    Their is a licensed bar and snacks available and it costs ?5.50 to enter, although spectators can go along for free...although you'll have to pay for your booze.

You don't need a team, just go along and you will be teamed up with others. And up to 48 people can play each gaming night and every person will get at least 6 games of Halo on the huge screens - and believe you me the game looks amazing. Nothing better than doing an amazing kill and everyone cheering you on.

You will also be able to try out Xbox Live games as they have units set up and they are hoping to change the games for multi-player on a regular basis.
    Which means that if this is a success you could be playing Ghost Recon, Unreal and other games .... and Halo 2 when it's released.

For info drop along to www.ntlworld.com/gscgaming or call 0141 420 5000

And does anyone from Glasgow or nearby (Edinburgh, Dundee, Perth etc) feel like coming along and maybe holding a meet there one Thursday nights?
    It's be a great laugh...let you meet people from here and other forums and basically allow us all to games on massive screens and enjoy ourselves.
    Anyone interested??

Woah, what a great opportunity. Pity I live over 100 miles from there, but it sounds like a great opportunity should you live near by!

Good luck to all those who enter!

Comment

Sounds good, I'm defo up for it.

Comment

I live in Glasgow

Comment

I saw CS, Warcraft 3 and RtCW on IMax in London at some intel LAN my friend dragged me along to. Colours are really washed out but it's a great experience. You should definitely go.

Comment

We definetly have to get a bunch of us together so that we can all have us a top gaming time!

Comment

Top idea. Why don't Warner or Odeon set up live Tournaments between cities once a week? They only need to set aside 1 screen per cinema and they would sell out no problem.

Comment

I AM SO FRICKIN' JEALOUS!!!!!!!

Comment

shame they never had this when goldeneye around - i suck at halo!!

Comment

Working...
                  X