Futsal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futsal

I'm off for my first game of this version of the beautiful game in a very long time.
    Must be at least 10 years or so since I last played, kind of worried I'll look stupid due to a general lack of fitness!

Does anyone play this game? Here in Japan it seems hugely popular and many company employees play this in the evenings after work, to one of which I have been invited.

Any tips for a slightly porky podger?

Play simple no fancy stuff, "Think Cesc Fabregas" n you'll be safe. That will mean you won't look stupid. I want to play Futsal is it exactly like 5 aside over here?

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
      Play simple no fancy stuff, "Think Cesc Fabregas" n you'll be safe. That will mean you won't look stupid. I want to play Futsal is it exactly like 5 aside over here?
      Yep http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futsal

Comment

Does anyone play this game? Here in Japan it seems hugely popular and many company employees play this in the evenings after work, to one of which I have been invited.
        been on an xmas break, but we usually play 2-3 times a week.

Actually - i captained the company team to winning the Tokyo Charity Cup last year (woo!) which was nice (rubs own apples)

The big thing with Futsal is to be patient.

Inexperienced teams are easy to beat if you sit with everyone in your own half and let them come onto you : quick breaks give you the space that you don't usually get :/

Also - a good goal keeper is GOLD!

If you are worried about fitness, simply stay at the back and just force people out wide each time. If you get the ball then look to both chanels to lay off for the faster players. In fact, staying back as holding player is what most poor teams fail to have, so you'll look like a super star who knows what they are doing !

Where are you playing by the way? And with whom? I'm playing in three different teams (around various places in Tokyo), with three different companies - there's a change we might be going to the same place!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. It's now the next day and my body is S.O.R.E!
          It was loads of fun mind, and the other players were of all varying abilities.

Where are you playing by the way? And with whom? I'm playing in three different teams (around various places in Tokyo), with three different companies - there's a change we might be going to the same place!
          I was invited by an old uni friend of my missus's who play with a bunch of doctors every week or so up in Nagayama (abit out in the sticks as far as Tokyo is concerned) by Keio line (from Shinjuku). Yesterday was the first time to meet everybody so I'm not exatcly sure how serious all of them take it as far as competitions go. I'll be definitely playing alot more from now on.

By the way three times a week or so? You must be fit as a fiddle!

Comment

By the way three times a week or so? You must be fit as a fiddle!
            around august last year i was - running 10km + each day + futsal 2-3 times a week (two of the games are 2 hours long sessions too )

Unfortunately, picked up a knock near the end of the year that reduced my playing and i'm having a bit of "shiwasefutori" after getting married! lol.

Was actually quite surpirsed - ran through 6km pretty easily today, so i guess i'm still vaguely fit.

If you play regularly , your fitness will absolutely fly up.

Comment

hehe, that shiwase futori got me too, but hasn't let go since

Yeah I loved playing team sports so this should be a good combination for fitness and enjoyment. Maybe one day when I achieve my desired level of fitness I shall challenge you to a game of futsal!

Comment

well, let me know - we have a number of other futsal games at various levels. The 'kick about' games are a good laugh, and aren't serious - but there's still the odd fairly decent player - the premise is that it's not a hard "MUST WIN" atmosphere (That's saved for other nights)

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                  I want to play Futsal is it exactly like 5 aside over here?
                  No. Futsal is played with a smaller, heavier ball which means there is more of a focus on control

Comment

Hey, I joined this forum just so that I can reply to this thread ..it came up when I searched 'futsal tokyo'.

I tried asking, on the Japan guide forum, about my chances of getting involved in sports when I'm living in Japan. For now my Japanese is basic or worse so I wondered if it's going to be difficult to start with. I've heard a little bit about futsal's popularity in Japan and I'm sure I would love it (seen it on tv before).

Is there any advice you can give me? Maybe some website for the futsal community there? any website in japanese I can get someone to have a look at for me. Ideally I'd like to find a team and some tournaments I can play in.. as well as a group of people to have a kick around with.

From Nov 19th I'll be in Tokyo on a working holiday visa.. and probably coming back again with a proper visa after that.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X