Whm+blm Af Complete! :d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whm+blm Af Complete! :d

Late next week I should have all BLM+WHM AF pieces up to the (six in total) coffer hunting quests. If any THFs with coffer picking abiliteh would like to help out then plz let me know. Perhaps we can try doing them all in record time on a weekend? I've never seen a coffer or a coffer key so I dread to think how long this could really take.

Cheers.

I have teh map haXX for where they all are.

Be careful with the hands quests they interfere with each other and can make a bit of a mess of things. Try to do one job at a time or you might get quite unpredictable results.

Coffers aren't had apart from Beadeaux which can take forever or be done in seconds. I've seen people take 15 hours to get the beadeaux key, Bevans was one of the marathons we ended up coming back on a second day to get it.

All the others I'd say are easy enough.

Comment

The mitts will both be done after all the other pieces, one after the other, at level 59 both jobs so shouldn't pose much of a problem. Cheers.

Beaudeux is meaty for drops so I wouldn't mind staying there a while.

(lolhauby - Haubergeon just sold for 214k.)

EDIT: Ah yes, I see what you mean about the gloves now.
      Last edited by dataDave; 30-01-2007, 12:48.

Comment

Just popped in to offer some advice as you seem to have a misunderstanding of how the coffers are going to work and from what I think your plan is, I think you would have some difficulties.

Firstly, a THF cannot pick the coffer for you to get either the AF equip directly, or the key item needed for AF items. You will need to the person who opens the coffer as the quest is linked to your character directly. As I don’t think you have THF levelled to 50+ (which is what will be needed to pop a coffer successfully) that means you will need to get the coffer key as a drop for each zone. Obviously a THF will be useful for Treasure Hunter II.

Secondly, this is how AF quests operate. The first AF is an AF weapon. This quest is can be activated at lvl40. The next AF quest will be activatable at lvl50 as long as the AF weapon quest is completed (this is usually, but not always, for the lvl52 AF piece). When you’ve activated this quest you can also the trigger the quest for AF Hands in Upper Jeuno. Finally, when you complete the second AF quest you can activate the third (this is for your lvl58 or lvl60 AF piece).

This is the important bit. Activating the hands quest for a certain job will also flag the appropriate coffers for the remaining 2 AF pieces. This means you need to activate the hands quest before you open a coffer otherwise there will be no AF in there. Also, there is an issue whereby you cannot have 2 hands quests active at the same time. I really recommend you follow Tsing’s advice and focus on one job’s AF first, get all the pieces sorted then do the second.

Comment

Yeah, I see how the remaining two (four) coffers could crossover now. Just couldn't edit in time. Cheers. ;p

Looks like it's BLM AF first then up to AF3, then WHM AF up to AF6 back to BLM for 4-6. Thus all coffers done in a row with minimal messing and back to my original plan.
          Last edited by dataDave; 30-01-2007, 13:11.

Comment

If I'm on I'll help with key drop need to start levelling great sword anyway. Beadeaux seriously be prepared for a long haul, if it decides to be stingy its not much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
              If I'm on I'll help with key drop need to start levelling great sword anyway. Beadeaux seriously be prepared for a long haul, if it decides to be stingy its not much fun.
              Nice one mate. It'll be weekend after this one probably.

Random drops there will do me good tbh. Should be able to get a fair chunk of gil out of an hour there I reckon. I also need another Quadav Charm for the Ranguemont Pass map quest. Also wouldn't mind a power crossbow for DRK.

Trying to put these AFs in a managable order, it's a bit confusing with the Petasos (blm lvl60 hat) being AF3. Leaving the coffers until last and doing each job's three at once should be easy peasy.

Comment

Oh man, I’ve just looked into the coffer keys you’re going to need for BLM and WHM and it’s not pretty.

Crawler’s Nest is pretty straightforward, but the rest have some extra difficulty attached to them.

Garlaige Citadel (2 keys needed). Keys are usually pretty easy here from the basement. The difficulty is hunting the coffer as it can pop behind Banishing gates 2 or 3 so you’ll need other people to help you open the gates and look around.

Eldieme Necropolis. Again the key drop isn’t awful here but, due to the avatar gates, hunting the coffer can again be awkward.

Monastic Cavern & Beaudeux are both awful for drop rates and I’ve spent many coffer key parties in both of these places where nothing has dropped after 2 hours or more.

That said often when I’m logged on lately I’m just hanging around Aht Urghan with nothing to do so if I’m around when you hunt keys I can give a hand. I can pull the gun out of storage and level my marksmanship

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if I only need to go to Castle Zvahl Baileys once for the (same) key item associated with unlocking both 'hands' coffer quests.

After this it should be plain sailing up to 75 with NQ gear. INT/MND +4 rings aren't too bad right now. I only really need 500k for the Penitent's Rope (INT+5 MND+5 Enmity-3) which works out at 5/6 hours of telleh action in Jeuno.

Will hopefully be able to get some concentrated exp in the Aht Urghan areas after this AF session is out the way.

The plan is still on to ding 75 both jobs within minutes of each other, so I'd like a 6-man LS party for that when it happens as to not piss anyone off when I change over jobs.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 30-01-2007, 15:11.

Comment

I'll offer some advice based on my own research and experience with the Garlaige Citadel & Eldieme Necropolis coffers. Of course, if you have a high-level player that can check the coffer areas for you, you can ignore this.

Eldieme Necropolis: There is an area of Eldieme Necropolis that can only be accessed by going through Beaucedine Glacier -> Batallia Downs. There is one coffer spawn on a cliff at the southern most part of this area. I found you can stand against the wall on the cliff and not get aggro from the ghosts in the room. What I did was camp on this ledge and wait for the coffer to spawn. If you get bored, you can zone back out and farm in Batallia Downs. Go back and check for a coffer every 30 min.

Garlaige Citadel: As Rare said the coffer spawns behind the 2nd or 3rd banishing gate. If you get behind the 3rd gate, you can zone back out to a cliff in Sauromugue Champaign (this is where the stone monument is for the Selbina quest). I think there are 3 coffer spawn points behind the 3rd gate. Zone back in and check the 3 coffer spawn points. If the coffer is not there, it?s probably behind the 2nd gate. So return to where you entered, but don't zone out (you won't get aggro near the zone). Wait, and if you see the message "The second banishing gate has begun to open...", there's a good chance that it is someone looking for a coffer too. Do a /shout stating, "The coffer is not behind the 3rd gate." Hopefully they can find the coffer behind the 2nd gate and open it. When the coffer spawns again, there will be a chance it will be behind the 3rd gate and you can get it.

Comment

Decent stuff. Depending on luck this should take no time at all.

We can have a go at the next CoP if you're on tonight Bev? Depending if Maria is about or not.

Last edited by dataDave; 30-01-2007, 15:44.

Comment

For Garbage go with us on a week night, the coffer is almost always up and one quick 30 min jaunt normally does it. Do not hunt on weekends or in prime time as that sucks

Comment

Indeed. It's almost not worth searching for an exp party most week nights.

I'll be nice to finally do something substantial(ly in my benefit, mwahaha) with the LS. I really think more people should start new jobs.

Comment

I seem to start new jobs most of the time, picked up ranger the other day and I want to get that to at least 37 for thf sub - might go further with it so I can give my Loxley bow a shot (pun intended).

Also, was giving some thought to monk, but then I thought about the various Job specific belts and the trouble they would almost certainly give me and I decided against it.

Both summoner and red mage I would like to take further at some point too.

Comment

Oh man, the new job issue is something I keep contemplating to such an extent that Moot is getting quite annoyed whenever I bring it up.

My main concern is that, as anyone who knows me by now, I tend to go all out on equipment as much as possible and whilst I do have a healthy supply of gil at the moment, the thought of potentially having to stop levelling and making more for sustained periods of time like I did when levelling NIN for equipment funds is not something that appeals any more. I’ve considered levelling many other jobs.

THF – THF was my first ever job I levelled and I always thought once I got NIN to 75 I’d take THF up to the top. A big advantage of THF is that many of the high cost items that are useful for the job (Emp. Pin, Winged Boots, Scorpion Harness, Marine M Boots etc) I already have so until I get to the very high levels there would be minimal costs involved.

SAM – I probably have even more equip tucked away for this than THF that I could use (Eastern gear and Haubergeon mainly) so again only weapons would be needed.

MNK – Same as SAM. All the eastern gear my ninja uses are useful for this. The big issue with MNK is the belts and the need to quest them in case I want a Black Belt (and I would want a Black Belt).

The fact I have some highly prized Rare/EX pieces in Storage such as Shaman’s Cloak, Francisca, Loxley Bow mean I’ve also thought of RNG and BLM.

I just can’t quite take that final step and Job Change

Comment

Working...
                              X