Flashback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashback

Having recently revisited this game, I can still say it is one of the finest games I have ever played.

It is still quite beautiful in it's aesthetics, and the level design and puzzles were taxing, but never really frustrating. Also, quite rare for a game, the story was relatively gripping and pushed the gameplay along.

Anyone else have fond memories of the game?

Only all the same as yours ^_^

I completed it on all difficulties numerous times. A truly great and innovative game that holds up well to this day.

Comment

i HATE this game, it may be because i just cant do it at all, ive never managed to get past the second screen and it just laughs at my feeble attempts, feel free to laugh at me

Comment

Flashback most definitely holds a special place in my amiga gamesplaying past.

At the time this game blew me away with its animation/cinamatic style.

Comment

Originally posted by Streets Of Rage
          i HATE this game, it may be because i just cant do it at all, ive never managed to get past the second screen and it just laughs at my feeble attempts, feel free to laugh at me
          Well if you insist,

It was a hard game, and one that is quite daunting to start with. The game gradually cranks up the difficulty allowing you to be able to go through the game whilst still being challenged.

Comment

It was a difficult game, but provided a great sense of satisfaction. All of the puzzles were challenging yet surprisingly obvious once you worked them out, and the gunfights were somewhat exhilerating.

A particularly memorable moment was the gameshow stage. Made me smile amidst all the seriousness of alien invasions and stuff.

Fade to Black wasn't too shabby either.

Comment

Top games !

Fade to Black was great - if a little more frustrating than Flashback, and a great transition from 2D to 3D

FTB is still responsable for one of my most used gaming quotes

"Slow down, I'm an old man ! "

Must have heared it so many times when playing that it firmly lodged in my head

Comment

It was a very good game, but I wouldn't call it one of the best ever. Level 2, in which you had to get "jobs" to buy the fake ticket was probably my favourite. The music that played when you looked at your map was fantastic and the level seemed so huge and solid.

Comment

I had a french language version 3 months before the UK one landed!

Suffice to say, i didn't get very far.

But yes, a most excellent game.

Comment

i thought Another World was harder than Flashback - but both were brillant games emulated by Oddworld and Heart of Darkness ... was playing a couple of Snes games that gave me Flashback flashbacks (see what i did there ) Blackthorne and Nosferatu

camps

Comment

Curiously, Another World is the only game, to this day, that I've ever completed from start to finish on release day. Either thats because its just that good, or its not quite as difficult as some.

Comment

Flashback was absolutely superb, one of my most played games on the Amiga. Easy but rewarding to play, good plot, and it looked cool as hell.

One of my favourite levels of any game is the "Running Man" style game show you have to compete in. Class.

Comment

Another World is far more atmospheric than Flashback.

Sometimes, what isn't said adds a far more cohesive experience.

Another World allowed me to plug in the gaps in with my imagination, and was far more a surreal experience than its semi-sequel.

Flashback was too dry for my liking.

Comment

Anyone play the sequel to Another World ?

For those who don't know its wasn't called `Another Another World` but Out of this World - Heart of the Alien

Think it was only released for the Mega CD ( though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ), and had a right bombshell of a beggining as :-

*Possible Spolier for anyone planing to track down the game*

the human character dies in the first few minutes and you have to play as his alien buddy.

Surfice to say it all goes down hill from there

End of Possible Spolier

Comment

Another World was one of the finest cinematic games I ever played ..delphine studios did themselves very proud.

Incidentally I believe its american title was Out of this World...

Comment

Working...
                              X