Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favourite Final Fantasy 7 character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is your favourite Final Fantasy 7 character?

name one thats in your party at some point of the game and one that isn't for me its

Cloud: Fantastic character with alot of passion and a great leader who comes across as an all round great guy.

Sephiroth: Possibly the coolest badguy ever, he just oozes hardness and is so stylish in how he is portrayed

this is my favourite game ever!! lmk ur views

and i know sephi is in ur party at one point but u dont control him so i dont count it before u pedantics get out!!!!

Can somebody please explain why this game is so good? When I played it (which I admit I didn't play to the end because it was so tedious), the long over blown fights, and then the incredibly annoying random battles, destroyed any chance of me getting interested in the story.

Out of the characters that I can remember, the only one I liked was Cloud because he had good hair.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
      Can somebody please explain why this game is so good? When I played it (which I admit I didn't play to the end because it was so tedious), the long over blown fights, and then the incredibly annoying random battles, destroyed any chance of me getting interested in the story.

Out of the characters that I can remember, the only one I liked was Cloud because he had good hair.

How about the enthralling story, straight forward, yet deep, game system, awesome soundtrack, characters that you actually care about and a good battle system (IMO of course, the battles in FF7 are not overblown, see FF8 for that) are just a few of the things that come from my head.

Character wise favourite playabale would be Vincent. So cool (plus he uses guns, always a bonus) and his final Limit Break transformation made him the man.

Favourite non-playable. Has to be Sephiroth. Probably the best in game villain that Square have produced (i not the best in-game villain ever).

Comment

Sephiroth is one mean mudda. The thing he does at the end of the 1st disk (edited for spoilers, think large ledge and sword) is the best use of FMV in any FF game. Not the best looking but had the most emotional impact than any other FMV. Other than that his music in the last battle is cool.

Playable character wise it has to be Barrett. Some of the upgrades for his hand were awesome and his limit breaks rocked too. And he shares the same surname as me

As for why this game is good well there are about 120 hours worth of reasons. I took 120 hrs of my life to collect everything and enjoyed all of it (well except the train sequence on disk 1 with Cloud, bit boring). The best and most engrossing story for a game, the effort and training to get the golden choccobo, Golden Square (the amusement arcade), the Weapon attack FMV, the section in space and the summons are the reason why I rate this game so highly.

Slightly off topic, but what's your favourite summon from FF7?? Mine would Bahmaut Zero. Love me huge, big scary dragons you see. This topic has made me wanna go and play through 7 again.

Comment

I absolutely love this game (Best Final Fantasy Ever IMO) - I've got about 5 save files of the game completed - and I'm still playing it at times.

Well, I always use (in my party):

Cid, Barrett and Cloud. Sometimes I swap Cid for Vincent.

All are great characters, with different personalities and styles. Cloud's Omnislash limit break rulez.

Sephiroth's also a great character and without a doubt the finest villain in the history of the series.

Slightly off topic, but what's your favourite summon from FF7??
          Hmm... I would have to go with Knights of The Round.

Comment

Hey, this is a Playstation game and doesn't count as Retro, get this nasty topic out of the forum...

Comment

Originally posted by MD
              Hey, this is a Playstation game and doesn't count as Retro, get this nasty topic out of the forum...
              shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

favourite summon, hmmm, ill have to go with bahamut zero as well or choco/mog for comedy factor and in answer to cookies question i think all the main points have been outlined but id like to add the soundtrack is just awesome, the story is amazing, making you really care for the characters, it just keeps dragginy ou back for more. I keep going back to this game time and time again, a fantastic experience every time.

Comment

well of course Sephiroth is the coolest bad guy ever
                my favourite though is probably vincent. Clouds a little too mental for my liking.

Comment

Ah FFVII, the good times we shared together. It is simply one of the best games ever. Loved it.

Anyway, my favourite party member would have to be Red XIII/Nanaki. He was just so cool. He looked cool, was hard as nails and was probably the most intelligent member of the whole party.

The best non-party character would definitely be Sephiroth. That guy was pure evil, and oozed coolness. One of the best bad guys in gaming history.

As for summons, I liked Knights of the Round, purely because very little could survive it. But Bahamut Zero just looked so cool.

Comment

Do you know i've never played a FF game at all

Comment

Ooh, my favourite playable character was definately Cid. He was goddamn cool, and he had some bad-ass limit breaks.

As for favourite non-PC, I'd cheat and choose all of the Turks. They were cool, and they had a cool theme song too.

--Ed

Comment

Originally posted by acidforblood
                        Do you know i've never played a FF game at all
                        quick you - buy a cheap copy of FF7 - you have not lived

Comment

I haven't got that far in FFVII yet (far enough to be filled in with sephiroth's past) and i don't think it is that great, i prefer FFIX

Comment

FF7 is one of my favourite games ^^ Such a shame the series has gone nowhere since this, Final Fantasy now is just not the same since 6 and 7.

I actually love all the characters in it - I cant pick one out cos they build them up into such likable people with geniune purpose! Like at first I werent too fond of Barret, then the whole thing with Dyne kicked in and you proper feel for him. Out of all the characters it's probably between Cloud and REDXIII that I like the most, Cloud is such a sick brer and RedXIII is just DEEP!

Also Reeve! - If you sit back and think about his role with you and what he's doing at Shinra he's pretty deep too! Thats what I love about this game there is so much to think about! The last FF game I played was 10 and was just as disappointed as I was with 8 and 9. The voice acting is awful and totally ruined it for me, I wish they would at least put the option in for written dialogue - I get into them so much more like that ^^

Favourite summon? BAHAMUT! - he's a sick brer in every Final Fantasy!

+ I love Tifa's savoury baps!

Comment

Sephiroth.

Closely followed by Cloud.

Love that game.

Not aged well, but still...

It has that something that pulls it beyond most of it's peers in the RPG genre.

Comment

Working...
                              X