Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunes Static.

Sunday? Valkurm? Time? ^^

This is Rare's bag but I couldn't resist making teh thread as I'm a bit excited about this.

I'll get my exp ring on tonight after Tickle logs and boost through RDM. If I have time I'll unlock BRD and have a look at that too... Then at least we'll have MP regen before lvl40 and a little more flexability when Skeleton needs to go back to BLM.

I knew I should have kept my Baron's Saio. ^^ They're nice and cheap now though (90k) so could prove to be a nice investment if prices rise again.

---

Moot - PLD
    Rarehero - RNG
    Apathye - SAM(?)
    Skelleh - WHM|BLM
    Vanicent - NIN
    Daviravi - RDM/BLM|BRD/WHM

---

It'll be nice to have even more stuff to do all the time in a casual manner. We should however try for exp bursts on saturdays or whatever when we can cane it for 10hrs solid.

Heh,

Was thinking about posting something about this but wasn’t sure as we didn’t have places free. But yes, I am incredibly excited about this prospect. Should everything go to plan that is a very solid PT setup to go to at least 37. Whether everyone will want to go beyond that I can’t say.

I was speaking with Vanicent and there is a possibility that he will go NIN/war up until 22 (sharing tanking duties with Moot) then will switch to NIN/rng when Bullets are available which will be a much more useful role for NIN through the Kazham jungles.

Obviously, there is the appeal of the no stress EXP levelling but I was also speaking with Apa about some other opportunities with this. Skeleton is still rank 1 so we could potentially help him with his rank missions but not using our higher level jobs. Attempting to get up Delkfutt’s Tower for rank 4 as a group of level 30-35 is something I’d like to try.

Whether we can get this going for Sunday I’m hopeful for but there are a couple of barriers at this time. Vanicent will need to boost his Norg fame for NIN scroll quests (and he is working shifts this weekend I believe) then there is the need for me, Moot and Van to get our respective jobs to 10 in time, but if it doesn’t happen on Sunday I hope people will not mind a short delay as this is something I am really looking forward to doing.

Comment

Fingers crossed, myself, Van and Moot will hit lvl10 this evening. If we get it done quick enough we could maybe do a level or 2 on Valkurm Dunes as 6 but if not, we will definitely be all set for the first proper leveling sesh tommorrow.

Comment

I'll be levelling THF or BST in Gustaberg beforehand so I can be ready in minutes... Any idea what time though? I need to arrange WHM AF with Tickle.

Comment

Comment

Me (RNG), Moot (PLD) and Van (NIN) prepare for early in EXP in East Sarutabaruta.

The "revised" static. Little did we know how crappy Valkurm would be to us at the start.

Finally killing stuff with regularity.

Comment

So, after a difficult start (Fallows is right, out motto is now “FFS!11!!!1!”) we got going eventually and gained 2 levels each. As I mentioned I have never done Valkumr at level 10 before, preferring to solo in La Theine or Konschaht up to around 13 instead. Can’t say I in any rush to do it again. Despite trying multiple “camps” stray goblins caused too much aggro.

Still, once we get into a rhythm we did really well. RNG is still baffling me in terms of accuracy and the so called “sweet spot”. Damage consistency was never a problem but accuracy seemed all over the place. Hopefully once more R.Acc pieces become available (Ranger’s Necklace and the R.Acc+ rings most noticeably).

Moot showed me a blog that lists camp options so I’ve identified the following possibilities for our next lvl12/13 session on Friday:

Snippers on Valkurm Dunes or Buburimu Peninsula
              Maze Makers in the Maze of Shakrami
              Tier 2 Goblins in Valkurm Dunes (basically carrying on from last night)
              Various mobs in Carpenter’s Landing

Comment

Yeah, the slightest bit of gear/food makes a world of change at these lvls. I got to lvl13 THF last night (one lvl before being able to equip STR/DEX rings) and it's well hard trying to stay alive. The Saplings in Konschtat were all EP yet some were bringing me down to 12hp whilst others were hardly hitting. I imagine things are going to get around 50% easier with a simple +2 STR and DEX. Once I hit 14 I'll be on my way again.

Plus, I'm forgetting this little beauty...

Last edited by dataDave; 15-02-2007, 12:11.

Comment

If you check the map there are 2 totally safe camps that gobs don't enter south of the tunnel in the dunes. All of them on the left hand side as you come up from Konchstat, they're the little identations in the wall and if you keep you mages and rangers up there and melee out from there's no agro or links.

Comment

Afraid not

They were the first 2 camps we attempted (I asked Apa for camp suggestions and those were the first 2 he came up with for that very same reason). However literally seconds into our first fight a Goblin Tinkerer spawned really close to the wall (we certainly weren’t stuck out a long way) and aggroed and after changing to the other enclave the same thing proceeded to happen with a Goblin Ambusher.

It’s probably not so bad when there are multiple PTs there as one of them will likely be taking the gobs so they won’t be roaming as long and will be claimed. Certainly, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that when a second (slightly higher) PT turned up and camped slightly to our North, our EXP became less troubled by goblin pops.

Comment

Yeah - one time I was resting RIGHT at the back of one of them alcoves and during checking my log a gob popped right on my head. ><

It pisses me off when you get elitist lvl10s quitting and calling everyone n00bs under those circumstances. That's what gets me angry IRL about the dunes, I literally sit there swearing at the screen.

ROFLMAO At Mos falling asleep too >< It was obvious he'd fallen asleep when he just started running off in a random direction when waking up. ;p
                      Last edited by dataDave; 15-02-2007, 14:13.

Comment

Fallows, we're looking to level again tommorrow evening in Korroloka Tunnel. Is your account all working again now?

Comment

I'm just back from Amsterdam today. I'm off again on Tuesday for three nights though. I'm ready for a bash whenever.

Comment

Didn’t know you were away >.<

We actually levelled as 5 as Skele’s subjob was becoming underleveled and Apathye went away on Holiday for a week yesterday. It was a good session and we went from 14/15 to 18/19 in less than 3 hours. Korroloka Tunnel was empty and far too good in terms of EXP.

However, we now cannot level until Apa gets back so if you want to catch up with us that spot is still open.

Comment

Yep. I'll be back on it soon. The hardest part is swapping all my gear around. ; ;

Comment

Working...
                              X