Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy - The Series (please read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy - The Series (please read)

Hello all.

Massive favour needed from any of you compitent enough to do so.

I'm writing a mammoth feature on the final fantasy series as a whole, from 1 to present day. However, I hit a brick wall when... yep, thats it - I havent played the earlier games

So thats where you lot come in. I need info on the past games, and form as many people as possible so I can create an overall opinion of each game. Information like:

Character Bulding
    Plot (nothing in depth)
    Battle system
    Magic system
    What the game was like as a whole

It doesnt have to have any kind of flamboyance to the writing, or whatever info you send, just basic easy to read english will be fine. I need the bear essentials to write this feature you see.

I know I'm asking for a lot, especially when the games I need information on are:

Final Fantasy
    Final Fantasy II
    Final Fantasy III
    Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy V
    Final Fantasy VI
    Mystic Quest

A massive list I know. But please, even if it means commenting on one of those games, it would help a great deal.

Please PM me or Email me at [email protected] if you think you can help.

Thanks for your time.

James.

p.s to save you all time, if you know a website that has all of this information already, pass it on

you missed out Final Fantasy Origins on psone - its Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy 2 on one disk

camps

Comment

Final Fantasy Chronicles
      FFIV and Chrono Trigger in a compilation.

Final Fantasy Anthology
      US version: Final Fantasy V & VI plus a music CD to accompany the games.

PAL/UK version: Final Fantasy IV and V.

Also all the games have added opening and ending FMV cut scenes aswell as better plot translations and added bonus art galleries.

Comment

Originally posted by Crono
        Final Fantasy Chronicles
        FFIV and Chrono Trigger in a compilation.

Final Fantasy Anthology
        US version: Final Fantasy V & VI plus a music CD to accompany the games.

PAL/UK version: Final Fantasy IV and V.

Also all the games have added opening and ending FMV cut scenes aswell as better plot translations and added bonus art galleries.
        Thanks for that info, I've now cut down the list.

Instead of having Anthology and Chronicles on, I'll just stick to the normal versions.

Cheers.

Comment

Why are you doing this list?

Comment

well, remember to mention that moogles have been in most final fantasy games, also chocobo's and of course Cid, not sure how many they have been in, but they are now tradition almost.

Also FFTactics wasn't developed by Square's usual in-house team, they hired the makers of Tactics Ogre to make a game for them in the guise of Final Fantasy, which basically just meant changing potion names and adding chocobo's.

Comment

Originally posted by snowman
              Why are you doing this list?
              I'm writing a feature.

Originally posted by stroppa
              well, remember to mention that moogles have been in most final fantasy games, also chocobo's and of course Cid, not sure how many they have been in, but they are now tradition almost.

Also FFTactics wasn't developed by Square's usual in-house team, they hired the makers of Tactics Ogre to make a game for them in the guise of Final Fantasy, which basically just meant changing potion names and adding chocobo's.
              Yeah, Cid has been in most FF games, as with moogles. They'll get an honourable mention 8)

Also, thanks for that, it means I can take another off the list

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help.

I've managed to get a few of them on ROM's as well as having a few other reliable sources.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X