Pants Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pants Boss

Rubbish boss' in games. You know, the type who are unfair, look rubbish and you just think 'Twat'. Or at the other end of the scale just too easy, leaving you feel hollow inside.

My award must go to that bloke in Dead Or Alive 3. When he falls, you get hurt. When you are at a distance he uses this magical crap. It's making me stop playing the game.

ft: ft: ft:

WizPig in Diddy Kong Racing, but only because I never managed to beat the damn thing.. used to drive me insane, and prevented me from exploring more of that wonderful little game.

Comment

I thought Necron (I think that was his name) at the end of FF9 was pretty lame. Wasn't so much because he was easy/hard but just the way he appeared right at the end of the game as being the 'ultimate evil' or something, but iwthout any mention in the game beforehand.

Just seemed rather lame that the game had been building up Kuja as the bad guy then just threw up some random baddie as the end boss instead. Why was I supposed to hate (and therefore want to beat) this guy when my interactions with him previously were zip?

Comment

The final 2 bosses in Metroid Fusion. Everything had been built up to an epic confrontation once Samus' power was built back up.

Sadly, it all turns out to be a bit of a damp squib.

Comment

Wizpig was great! I like bosses to challenge me, and the bastard certainly proved a challenge.

Comment

final boss in mario sunshine, too easy. I guess nintendo felt finding all the fecking blue coins was hard enough.

Comment

Fighting Anubis on ZOE. The whole game builds on the idea that there are these two uber powerful frames, so its not unfair to expect to have to fight the other in a "duel to the death" once the enemy gets to one. To then find that you are simply not allowed to beat him and have to run away for the whole battle is immensely infuriating and a huge letdown. Especially seeing as Viola isn't particularly hard to beat before then.

Comment

Heihachi (sp?) in Tekken 4

Big Twat in a nappy who is a wuss.

Comment

Vega/M Bison in SF2 (original arcade game)

The AI used the Psycho Crusher far too much - removing a load of energy even if it was blocked - that combined with the fetching red leather hat made me think 'twat'

Comment

I didn't mind him in the SFII games, but him in the SFA/Z games, especially 3, is an absolute chumpmeister of the highest order. He is pure Gorgonzola with his psycho balls, and the psycho crusher.

:teeth sucking smiley:

Comment

Originally posted by Babs
                      The final 2 bosses in Metroid Fusion. Everything had been built up to an epic confrontation once Samus' power was built back up.

Sadly, it all turns out to be a bit of a damp squib.
                      Yeah, i'm with you on that one, bosses should leave you feeling triumphant rather than 'is that it?'

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                        I thought Necron (I think that was his name) at the end of FF9 was pretty lame. Wasn't so much because he was easy/hard but just the way he appeared right at the end of the game as being the 'ultimate evil' or something, but iwthout any mention in the game beforehand.

Just seemed rather lame that the game had been building up Kuja as the bad guy then just threw up some random baddie as the end boss instead. Why was I supposed to hate (and therefore want to beat) this guy when my interactions with him previously were zip?
                        Andross at the end of Starfox Adventures suffers from the same syndrome.

I've worked through to the end of the game and this strange disembodied head starts giving me grief... Who the hell are you? And what bearing do you have on the rest of the game I've just played?

Comment

Mizar from N64 Jet Force Gemini.
                          It took me ages to get into that game and when I did I realised how good it was. Played through to the last boss about 2 years ago and still can't beat him. Don't try all that often now, but I must have attempted it at least 100 times. The camera is real ****ty too, sometimes forcing you to get hit and there's nothing that can be done about it. The git is unfairly hard and easily the hardest boss I have ever played against. Has anyone actually beat him or is there no way to??

Comment

Originally posted by Chod [UK
                            ]
                            Originally posted by C'

Andross at the end of Starfox Adventures suffers from the same syndrome.

I've worked through to the end of the game and this strange disembodied head starts giving me grief... Who the hell are you? And what bearing do you have on the rest of the game I've just played?
                            Have you played starfox on the SNES? it might make more sense if you have Conversely, I found the last boss on SFA to be a superb ending to the game.

Comment

The end boss of any Gradius game is 'stupendously easy', but that's a long running joke which I find quite funny. Besides, the brainy guy behind the evil can't be expected to be a mean killing machine too? In this case, seeing the last boss is just as rewarding as having to fight him

Comment

Working...
                              X