Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nyzul Isle Assault Area

Development Concept

In the spirit of the Salvage area implemented in the December version update, we will be introducing more small-group content in the form of a randomly generated Assault area. In order to reach the highest level of this new Assault area, players will have to overcome various mechanisms and monsters, and contend with all manner of astonishing challenges.
    The development team is hard at work creating new content that will provide fresh, ever-changing enjoyment.

Participation

Players can sign up for the new Assault area missions at the Commissions Agency in Aht Urhgan Whitegate. Participation is restricted to the usual 3 to 6 members; however, players cannot choose to impose a level restriction for Nyzul Isle Assault missions. There are no requirements for participating in Nyzul Isle Assault missions other than being a registered mercenary.

Assault Mission Progression

The Nyzul Isle Assault area will be randomly generated as a series of "floors" every time you begin a mission. The basic progression consists of working towards the highest level of the area by completing the objective of each floor within the time limit. Objectives include goals such as the defeat of all monsters on a floor, the elimination of specific creatures, as well as various other challenges. We estimate that approximately 5 floors will be completed during a single attempt.

Recording Progress

When using the Rune of Transfer to exit the Nyzul Isle Assault area, it is possible to record the data of the highest floor you have reached (in blocks of 5 floors). Once this data has been recorded, you will be able to start again from this point, even if you have been ejected from the area due to, for example, an expired time limit.
    Starting from a recorded floor will require the use of "tokens" obtained within the Nyzul Isle Assault area. The further you progress, the more tokens you will need to begin the next block of floors. Players will require a substantial number of tokens in order to reach the highest floor of Nyzul Isle.
    *All participants will obtain tokens from a mission; however, only the person who operates the Rune of Transfer on the starting floor will receive the recorded data.

Rewards

Due to the special nature of Nyzul Isle, players will not receive Assault Points for missions completed in this area. However, you will have the chance to obtain items from the creatures that appear on each floor. Monsters from every corner of Vana'diel, including many powerful and ordinarily elusive Notorious Monsters, stalk the floors of Nyzul Isle. Triumph over these opponents and you may earn some truly rare and wonderful treasures!
    Once again I do like the sound of this but like everything that gets added I?ll be dead excited to try it out then never bother (i.e. Salvage, Dynamis, Limbus).

To be fair, back when ToAU was released we got involved in Assault really early and cleared some missions on our own merits but this tapered off.

The fact that this has no prequisates means we could at least give it a try with no risk (save EXP loss) but our lack of healers will probably be a problem once again.

Triumph over these opponents and you may earn some truly rare and wonderful treasures!
    ?You find a Bomb Ash and Distilled Water in the treasure chest.?

Christ, I?m turning into Daragon

One of me is quite enough

Also, on the subject of this new assault thing, this really sounds like something I'd actually do for a change on account of it being an alternate home to some NMs which hopefully I'd take an interest in obtaining their drop(s).

Wouldn't it be great fighting against something like Charbydis and other highly camped NMs in an instanced environment. Of course SE could make this so incredibly difficult as to make camping their normally found counterparts still the best method of obtaining their items.

Comment

main reason assault died of was cos our main man Tali quit the game, and thus we had zero healers.

edit*
      Also count me, problem is we still have no healers

Comment

I will main heal for Assault if we want to restart, I know PLd/WHM is hardly great but I'll do my best till I can get RDM to 60+.

Right now RDM 35 and counting, got half my AF keys (Eldieme and Garlaige) and with just a pause for the Glamour Jupon I should be up there in a month or so.

Last thing on this will be subs again, going to level BRD and DRK once I hit 75.

Comment

What really appeals to me about this is the random objectives aspect. Obviously there will be a limited number of possible permutations but the fact that you won’t know exactly what will be required means you can’t go in with specific job setups. You have to go with a pretty standard tank/healer/support/DD setup.

Comment

Be interesting t try these and I'm definitely game, we need to track down Rose Garden in there I'm getting low on Malboro Vines and Pineapples.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              main reason assault died of was cos our main man Tali quit the game, and thus we had zero healers.
              Anyone need a healer?

Comment

Assault Do you need it?

Anyone up for 4 assaults then this week?

Comment

I've got tonight penciled in for redoing my Macros but after that I would indeed like to do some Assaults

Comment

Working...
                  X