Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial D Championship

Rules

1. One model of car to last throughout the championship - once you pick your car you have to stick with it throughout the entire campaign. You can develop the different courses of the car (A-D) but it has to be that car model

2. One post per person in the thread - edit your times accordingly. at the end of each meet the league table will be modified and all the posts will be deleted

3. Each week will have 2 races - except 1 week which will feature the 4 track race (last option in the time trial section of the game). Race fixtures will be posted before the first meet (which is currently scheduled to conclude 20/7/03 at 8pm). Race meets will be from Monday 9am to Sunday 8pm.

4. Every track variation will be raced at some time during the campaign - each meet will have 1 variation from 2 tracks.

5. Points will be allocated as such per race ..

Win - 10 points
    2nd place - 6 points
    3rd place - 4 points
    4th place - 3 points
    5th place - 2 points
    6th place - 1 point

each meet will have a maximum of 20 points including the 4 track race in which scoring will be ...

Win - 20 points
    2nd - 12
    3rd - 8
    4th - 6
    5th - 4
    6th - 2

in total there will be 23 races covering 12 meets (12 weeks).

If you feel any other rules need adding to these then please post them and I will add them asap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please post if your interested in partaking in the campaign and what vehicle you will be using throughout. From today (6/7/2003) till the Sunday 13/7/2003 a qualification period will be taking place ... this is just to see the seedings/car numbers for the campaign.

the qualification will take place on Happougahara, Downhill, in the rain. please post your times in the same post as your interest/car and edit accordingly.

cheers

camps

Yeah, i'm interested in this. I haven't decided on my car yet. Will edit this post in the next few days with chosen car and some times for the qualifying track.

Comment

RX-7 FD

2'40"949

Comment

Happougahara/Downhill/Wet 2'51"048 [DC2]

Comment

EDIT-

I'm going to pull out. I don't really have the time to spend with this game due to being to absorbed in Evo at the moment.

Comment

I'm in.

I'll be using my RX-7 Spirit (FD)

Comment

You know me! Any excuse for a racing challenge.

I'M IN!

Hopefully, my Initial D and Wheel will be with me sometime this week. Can't wait!

I've kinda already made my mind up about the car. It'll be a Keisuke style FD! In yellow! lol

Comment

can i get a wild card late entry, still cant afford to buy the game but hopefully by the end of the week ill be able to buy it!!!!!!

Comment

I'm in,

I've settled on the Mazda RX7 FC3S. It's a nicely balanced bit of kit.

Will post up qualification time before the weeks out.

Still working on a qualifying time still in the 2:50s at the moment.

Comment

I'm there. Just gimme a couple of days to work out which car I'll use.

Comment

I am in but not sure what to use yet. Probably the FC (or effshee) cos ryosuke's the man.

Comment

i'm interested, rubbish driver that i am.

i'll decide on a car pronto.

Comment

Could I make a suggestion?

Why not stipulate which car we have to use. That way its all about the driving and not who happens to have chosen the bestest car in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by geldra
                            Could I make a suggestion?

Why not stipulate which car we have to use. That way its all about the driving and not who happens to have chosen the bestest car in the game.
                            Don't think that's necessary, the balance of the game is so perfectly poised that whilst on paper, some cars are better than others, on the track it is extremely close and a lot is down to the skill of the driver. There are a couple of cars that are lacking (e.g. Itsuki's 85) but overall it's a good selection.

For example, the FD is considered the best car to run Akagi (and certainly the current forum record for the downhill is Fuddle in an FD). However,, my 86 is very close to beating that record and I feel that with a good run I can take a second and a half of that time. However, I struggle with the FD on Akina whereas Fuddle may be able to run a time in it just as good as my 86.

The driver is important, not the car.

Plus a variety of cars makes things interesting. You wouldn't have a Street Fighter tournament and insist everyone plays as Ryu would you?

Comment

Good idea Geldra!

That way, we all have time to max it out and get used to it first.

It's then a pure competition of driving and not the car.

I'm up for that.

Maybe we could put it to a vote?

List the top car from each manufacturer and see which one gets the most votes.

Comment

Working...
                              X